• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest s.odedra

2.0 Lt Turbo Problem

Guest s.odedra

hey

got a 2lt turbo.... 205 gti.... had a problem with the inlet n exhaust valves as the cam belt missed a few teeth.... i've rebuilt the engine, but now it dont seem to have any power when you put ur foot down.... think the turbo fine as you can hear it spinnin up!!!!!

any ideas????

Edited by s.odedra

Richie-Van-GTi

give it a compression test see what that gives you, also check you have the timing correct (probably have it starts and runs)

Martin@PRD

Check that all the injectors plugs are properly fitted and no pins been pushed out

Check speed sensor on gearbox if correctly fitted, as it will run on limp mode otherwise.

If the engine was fine before and has been rebuilt correctly, I can only see it being a fuel or and electrical problem where a plug or sender has been incorrectly fitted

sonofsam
Check speed sensor on gearbox if correctly fitted, as it will run on limp mode otherwise.

I dont think thats true.

got a 2lt turbo.... 205 gti.... had a problem with the inlet n exhaust valves as the cam belt missed a few teeth.... i've rebuilt the engine, but now it dont seem to have any power when you put ur foot down.... think the turbo fine as you can hear it spinnin up!!!!!

Didnt some one have this before, and it was timing belt had slipped a few teeth or was not timed up to original belt, some think like that anyway!

Or could be your boost regulator solenoid on the blink/plumbed in right.Boost leak? have you got a gauge installed?

bales

Well looking at this from a purely logical point of view and not knowing a huge amount about the engine. If it is running ok i.e not missing then we can assume that the spark is at the right time so therefore the electrics sound ok.

The fueling must be roughly right if it is not missing or pinking or putting out black smoke.

So I would guess that the compression may not be right, or that more likely on your engine it is not boosting properly, the fact that it isnt missing shows that the air/fuel ratio is ok, which would indicate that your ecu is working correctly and putting the right amount of fuel in with the air that is being registered through the map sensor.

So I would guess that you arent producing the 10psi(0.7 bar) that the engine should be showing due to either a faulty solenoid, or actuator, or turbo.

I would also say that the other main reason would be the cam timing not being right, this could cause it to still run fine without missing but be waydown on power.

Thats my thoughts on it just from a purely logical view, I dont know anything about the ins and outs of the engine so I could be wrong.

As Sam said get a gauge on there and see what boost is actually registering.

In fact after thinking about this I would say definately cam timing or lack of boost.

Edited by bales

johnrobertgordon

Sounds like a boost leak to me.

Sign in to follow this