• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrainFluid

Miami Blue Colours

Guest BrainFluid

As per title really. I'ld like to know when they changed over for old miami blue to new miami blue. My car is J reg '91 phase two so I think its the second miami.

I'm trying to source a bonnet but I want to make sure I get the right blue you see...

Thanks!

Banjo

Theres loads of different shades of miami..

Paintguy

There was a major change from 90 to 91, but as Banjo says, there are still various shades of each.

SaneMan
There was a major change from 90 to 91, but as Banjo says, there are still various shades of each.

Are there also different shades of sorrento? My K reg 1.9 is almost black compared to my 1.9 CTi

which looks goodwood green next to it.

Will post some pics tomorrow..........

Guest BrainFluid

Hey man. So all these differing shades have different paint codes right? Not just varying shades of the same paint code due to whatever?

Baz
Are there also different shades of sorrento? My K reg 1.9 is almost black compared to my 1.9 CTi

which looks goodwood green next to it.

Will post some pics tomorrow..........

I may be corrected but i'm not sure that they did Sorrento Cti's, is it not Atlantic blue? (very similar).

Had my friend find a touch up stick for my Miami but he came back with about 8 different paint codes, none of which i was expecting!

Paintguy
Hey man. So all these differing shades have different paint codes right? Not just varying shades of the same paint code due to whatever?

Nope, various shades with exactly the same paint code (M0MY)

Most decent bodyshops will have a selection of colour chips. These are basically cards with all the various shades on, so they can be matched up to the car. Even these aren't always 100% accurate though, as more often than not they are printed rather than sprayed. Sometimes the only option is to mix a few of the various shades, spray them onto a test card, and try them against the car.

If that still doesn't get you a good enough match, then the painter really starts to earn his money and tints the paint by eye until he gets something acceptable.

Guest BrainFluid
Nope, various shades with exactly the same paint code (M0MY)

Typical :ph34r:

Cheers PaintGuy.

Sign in to follow this