• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anton green

Which Wires Do What In The Brown Multiplug

Anton green

I am wiring up new superseal connectors to replace the dreaded brown multiplug with and would like to run the starter motor solinoid wire on a separate superseal connector so will need to know which wire this one is.

Hopefully this'll be the definitive answer to which wire does what in that connector. There is plenty of information on this site about the connector but didnt see much about the wiring.

I belive the red wire is to the water temp guage.

Could someone fill me in on the others pls

Thanks, Anton

Anton green

That probably will help quite a lot actually, cheers

Anton green

Well it might have, only my wires aren't in those colours.

I'm going to just wire up the starter solinoid wire wherever it ends up, if it's on the multi-superseal it's not really an issue anyway.

It would have been nice to be able to disconnect the starter only as a bit of extra security every now and then without having to disconnect the main connector and subject all of the terminals to the elements. It is really tight around there and I cant see where some of the wires go. I can see it is not the red, yellow or white wire however.

Anton

Edited by Anton green

pugbliss

from what i remember the starter wire is a blue colour and slightly thicker than the others in the brown plug

hope this helps

pug_ham

What about this topic ?

Lists them in the order they are on the plug.

Graham.

Anton green
from what i remember the starter wire is a blue colour and slightly thicker than the others in the brown plug

hope this helps

the order of them has been posted before iirc.

They are;

• Starter solenoid.

• Oil pressure sender.

• Low oil pressure stop switch.

• Alternator field wire.

• Water temp.

• Water temp warning switch.

• Oil temp switch.

(FROM ANOTHER THREAD)

I have a thick turquoise wire (!) which is 3rd from the right of plug which wouldnt be consistent with both of your suggestions. I really did search well and didnt find the definitive answer! However, I will put the thick blue wire in the sealed connector by itself tomorrow, as the girth of it compared to the other wires is making me think it is for the starter.

Cheers

Dream Weaver

Its numbered 46B and is a thick blue wire.

Get a small piece of wire, turn the ignition on, then place the wire from the battery positive terminal into the thick blue wire on the brown multiplug - if it fires up you have the correct wire, if a fuse blows you don't :D

pug_ham

The only thicker wire originally through the brown multiplug is the starter solenoid but before you wire anything in, test it by joining the bare ends of the wires you'll be crimping into the plugs first incase anything isn't right or using a multimeter find the other end of the loom uinder the drivers side lower dash & find what wire number is by the plug & what colour it is in the engien bay.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this