• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Radiator Thermo Switch

Richie-Van-GTi

bit stupid of me, just got a nissens rad delivered and Im pretty certain the hole for the thermo switch is in the wroong place. Can someone confirm where this is? I was sure it was just below the rad top hose but this one seems to be near the bottom on other side above the main outlet hose. Does look like theres a large bung screw below the top hose that can maybe be moved to the other hole?

thanks

Grim.Badger

Yes it goes under the top hose, are you sure you can't extend the wire? It's just that I had to scrap my last radiator as it was leaking around the plastic bung, I think the thread is delicate and easily broken and the last owner had taken it off at some point and trashed the thread putting it back on again.

Richie-Van-GTi

I probably could extend the wiring but dont want to if it can be avoided. I'll try moving the bung, its brand new so all the threds should be spot on.

Thanks for replying, saved me fitting a rad to find out it was wrong.

I probably could extend the wiring but dont want to if it can be avoided. I'll try moving the bung, its brand new so all the threds should be spot on.

Thanks for replying, saved me fitting a rad to find out it was wrong.

I just swapped the bungs/switch round - seems to have worked and no leaks

tom_m

yup my pattern rad is like this with a bung and two locations for the sensor. its fine

Paul T

You may need a swich that operates at a different temp.

On 1 rad your reading the inlet temp, the outlet on the other.

Richie-Van-GTi

swapped the bung round so I now have a new thermo switch in a new ally rad where the old stuff was. :D

Sign in to follow this