• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MikeHunt79

Trackrod Ends

MikeHunt79

Hi, on the end of my trackrods, there are rubber covers which stops water getting in the bearings.

Unfortunately, this rubber has perished, which means now water will be able to get in the bearings. Is there anyway I can fix this? Has this happened to anyone else? I doubt you can buy just the rubbers, so maybe I could do something clever with that silicon sealer stuff?

easypug

There only like £8 each or some thing new <_<

MikeHunt79
There only like £8 each or some thing new :)

What, trackrods? or the bearing bit on the end? I may just get a new trackrods in that case... <_<

Ahl

The trackrod ends. The L-shaped bit with the balljoint. They screw out of the trackrods themselves.

Dream Weaver

Try Andy at Hiflowheads, I bought some off him last year for £3.95 each, for the track rod ends.

Seem good quality as well.

MikeHunt79

Ok, will do. They don't need replacing yet, but it will be good to have a pair on hand for when they do go all wobby. Probably worth getting the tracking done once they are changed I guess?

Simes
Ok, will do. They don't need replacing yet, but it will be good to have a pair on hand for when they do go all wobby. Probably worth getting the tracking done once they are changed I guess?

Oh yes.

Sign in to follow this