• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
benlilly

Steering Lock

benlilly

Hi,

My car got nicked and then recovered just before chrismas.

I'm trying to piece the interior back together where they have tried to hotwire the car. The steeering lock has been broken and the lock mounting points damaged.

Does anyone have a photo of how the lock is mounted so I can try and repair it.

Thanks,

Ben

welshpug

You wont be able to repair it, its a part of the ignition lock and needs to be replaced as an unit,

If you're lucky you will be able to just unplug the remains of the wiring and plug the new switch in.

(I speak from experience :) )

benlilly

I have a complete new steering/ignition lock, just no way to mount it as the two brackets that are fixed to the steering column have been ripped off.

The two connectors that go to the ignition are luckily still in place.

benlilly

Ok, no need for photos, it's scrap.

Anyone have a spare steering column upper section. Wheel to splined lower section?

hengti

i think i've got a couple of spare upper columns - you're welcome to one for nowt if you're willing to collect :D

i'm in Chipping Sodbury if that's not too far - ?

benlilly
i think i've got a couple of spare upper columns - you're welcome to one for nowt if you're willing to collect :)

i'm in Chipping Sodbury if that's not too far - ?

Ace! Thanks very much. I'll PM you to organise a time to come down. I'm in Stroud, not too far.

Ben

Sign in to follow this