• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

The Stop And "red Light On Temp Gauge"

Spiky

i have finally got it starting ok and stopped the fuel leak

just took it for a ride and at the same time, the STOP and red light on the temp gauge are flickering at me

also and i dont know if it is related, the car is VERY hesitant above 2500 and is pinking too :)

futura
i have finally got it starting ok and stopped the fuel leak

just took it for a ride and at the same time, the STOP and red light on the temp gauge are flickering at me

also and i dont know if it is related, the car is VERY hesitant above 2500 and is pinking too :)

What did you sort to make it work?

Is there coolant liquid in your car? Is the radiator evenly warm/hot everywhere?

Also for your pinking you may try what Craig wrote on here, except you want to remove a bit of advance.

Spiky
What did you sort to make it work?

Is there coolant liquid in your car? Is the radiator evenly warm/hot everywhere?

Also for your pinking you may try what Craig wrote on here, except you want to remove a bit of advance.

to be honest i not sure why it now seems to start ok.

as i have a new ecu and fuel realy come yesterday and not used them yet

just need to sort the hesitant feel it has now, as it does hold back quite a lot

yeah water in tank, not check the rad, but the temp gauge is working and warms up normal

futura

I guess you have a loose connection that makes the stop and temp gauges flicker.

I know I am repeating myself but I bet your intermittent fault culprit is your coil :)

Edited by futura

Spiky

i'm not doubting you either, but as i dont have a spare i cant really confirm or not if it is a coil :D

i'll got clean the temop senors in a bit :)

Sign in to follow this