• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MikeHunt79

Brake Upgrade For A Turbo Derv?

MikeHunt79

I know this isn't really GTI related, but I'm wondering if brakes from a 1.9 GTI will fit my 1992 XRDT?

I'm not really sure what hubs I have you see, but I think they are the 1.6 ones?

I have solid unvented discs on there right now, and even tho I don't have loadsa horses, this thing does weigh fair bit (for a 205), so it would be good if there was a cheap effective anchor upgrade. :)

I also have some calipers and discs from a 1.6 GTI in the garage somewhere... would they be more likely to fit? The calipers will need new rubbers tho, as they are from a C reg! ;)

Also are there any other alternatives? 306 brakes? I'd like to avoid changing hubs if I could.

EDIT: The power from the brakes is fine, it's just I've had fade occasionally...

Edited by MikeHunt79

Richie-Van-GTi

I thought the TD used same hubs as 1.9, if they do then any 306 or 1.9 gti brakes will fit. 306td brakes will be more than capable and cheap and easy from scrappies.

Rippthrough

I have some mintex 1144's that fit if your happy with the power. Although they give a bit more power as well as the fade resistance.

Used, but barely - still go shedloads of material on them.

Edited by Rippthrough

Tidy_Andy

they will fit fine as im running 306TD disks an calipers on the 309 gti me an my housemate took on the ramshackle rally :)

pug_ham

The 205 TD has base model hubs & 1.6 GTi driveshafts, easiest way to fit vented discs is to use the 1.9 GTi disc & 1.6 Bendix (or 1.9 GTi Girling) calipers.

This is what Peugeot fitted to the STDT.

You can fit the 266mm set up to it if needed as described in this topic but as you are happy with the power the above shoud be fine.

Graham.

MikeHunt79

I've just put some new solid discs and pads on to get this thing thru the MOT, and I'll be keeping an eye out for a set of GTI calipers. :D Now i've just got the horn and windscreen washers to fix... Cheers ta!

Sign in to follow this