• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiD

Electric Windows / Heater Fan

MiD

I'm in the process of retro fitting electric windows to my GTi, have ordered the door pockets with switches and now need the electric motors. Someone is selling 309 motors and whilst I presume they are the same as the ones on the 205 I just want to clarify this is the case.

Other than the pockets and motors is there anything else I need? I've checked the wiring loom is in the door to enable me to do this.

Another issue is the heater fan. It has been making the usual bunch of spanners in a bag rumble. I took it off WD40 it and sounded wonderful for a day, unfortunately the noise is back. How do other people lubricate this, could I use motorcycle chain lube or is it a case of it 's too far gone and I have it replace it with a new one?

Super Josh

309 motors will be fine. Just make sure they are from a 3 door.

I got p!ssed of with my fan motor and bought a brand new one, on the assumption that they are all old and will fail sooner rather than later. I think that you need to remove the fan blades to lubricate it properly, sure someone who has actually done it will advise.

Josh

Richie-Van-GTi

yep, you can remove the blades as its just a little push washer that holds it on but TBH if its rumbling then the bushes are worn in the actual motor and grease or oil is only gonna mask for short spaces of time. Either buy a known good one or go brand new.

its part no 6441 59 from pug -_-

Super Josh

GSF part number T93456. £49.50 + VAT.

Josh

Sign in to follow this