• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chunkymonkey

Safty Devices/custom Cages Etc

chunkymonkey

hi all

ive stripped the cars interior etc ready to fit a cage.i contacted a company to supply and fit either a saftey devices cage or a custom weld in jobbie.i have been previously warned off going down the omp cage route.they didnt go in to much detail just advised against them?.

the company went on to explain that the custom cage would be the best route to go offering the chassis far more rigidity

ive also been informed that saftey devices and custom cages have gone bust??

this leaves me wondering what other options do i have.

cheers gaz

smckeown

Call them to see if they are actually still in business, they are recruiting on the website...

rollcentre are another reputable uk company producing cages

xsport racing also seem to have decent ones posted on here

Edited by smckeown

dommorton

Safety Devices cages seem to only come up for sale used and usually for £300 or so.

I went for a brand new OMP 10 point and am very happy with it. Took some fitting but I managed it.

Unless the car is being used for serious motorsport I would recommend one. Available new delivered for £290 and DIY fitted in a weekend.

Miles

As said SD did go bust but re-opened the next day (I think) as the cage's now get made in Eastern Europe (Cheaper), Not sure what the supplies like now but they are good cages and fit well too,

Custom Cages are excellent, I saw one of there installs the other week and I couldn't fault it, welding was some of the best I;ve seen (I guess TIG'ed) but it's not cheap, but the weld in cages normally go thru to the strut top's etc and is tied into the shell,

For value the OMP/SD route is hard to beat

Sign in to follow this