• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugnut

Replacing Fuel Lines

Pugnut

i was going to buy 8mm od copper but before i do, has anyone got any better ideas or suggestions?

cheers, al

jim21070

You may be OK with copper but the pukka thing is available very cheaply from Autofive. These are thick-walled steel. I prefer to use the right stuff where high-pressure petrol is involved.

It comes in a coil but is easy enough to bend to shape if you use the old pipes as guides. Take care to carefully recover the olive for the compression joint between the steel and rubber pipe that goes to the fuel filter.

vern

I have some spare genuine metal pipe from peugeot enough to do both pipes, if it is of any interest to you, you can have it for what I paid + postage.

m.i-man

I used 8mm copper, but mines on carbs.

Pugnut
You may be OK with copper but the pukka thing is available very cheaply from Autofive. These are thick-walled steel. I prefer to use the right stuff where high-pressure petrol is involved.

8mm copper is rated to 200bar or so . iirc the 205 pump is only fit for 4 bar roughly . i could be completely wrong though.

It comes in a coil but is easy enough to bend to shape if you use the old pipes as guides. Take care to carefully recover the olive for the compression joint between the steel and rubber pipe that goes to the fuel filter.

8mm copper is rated to 200bar or so . iirc the 205 pump is only fit for 4 bar roughly . i could be completely wrong though.

I have some spare genuine metal pipe from peugeot enough to do both pipes, if it is of any interest to you, you can have it for what I paid + postage.

£how much are asking?

I used 8mm copper, but mines on carbs.

are you still using the efi fuel pump?

cheers guys

vern

Have sent you a PM.

Its the genuine Peugeot pipe part No 157926 still in bag and is enough to do both pipes.

Edited by vern

Brambles
i was going to buy 8mm od copper but before i do, has anyone got any better ideas or suggestions?

cheers, al

You are probably sorted now, but.

8mm is the right size and you can use coper/nickel pipe which is stronger and in the smaller diameters is what I use for the brake pipes as well, does not corrode easily.

Sign in to follow this