• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

205 Xs , Into A 205 Gti

djinuk

ok my girlfriend has came round to buying her first car adn being 17 insurance is always a prob, however we found a 1.4 xs with gti peices on including interior 1.9 alloys etc etc. its a tidy car and at £350 tax and moted was a bargain. however it needs the gti arches, i went and got the gti kit however did not realise the wings and rear 1/4s are larger, so have a bit of a dilema. ive worked with bodywork for a long while and have looked at simply putting the gti kit on where it need to go and cutting the wings n rear quaters, however before i do this is there a easier option, i have looked at the ecosse rallye kit but its v dear. any opinions peeps, cud jst do with some form of arches as the wheels being of the 1.9 come slightly outside the arches.

few pics of the car here

mycar.jpg

my205.jpg

my205hehe.jpg

mycarx.jpg

x-1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/djinuk/sarahs/x-2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/djinuk/sarahs/x-3.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/djinuk/sarahs/x-4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/djinuk/sarahs/x-5.jpg

scumbag

When I had my XS (3 years ago) there was a GTI kit which would fit its arches. It was specially made for the non gti models by a different company. Hope that helps

djinuk

yea buddy , found a company that "used" to do it, dis-continued since last year tho , they only have the 5 door kits left :)

scumbag

Murder. I'll try and find the old mags and try and find their name for you. good luck! Xs's are wicked!

djinuk

lol if u cud dude wud go a long way, once gti arches are on will get it lower n get it all tidy :),

DaveW

Dont get the look a like kit its proper cack, poor quailty etc just go for it and cut em!

Jrod

I cut mine to make it look like a gti.

Now I prefer the rally slag look so just bought a new white one and am going to fit some big black arches they sell on ebay.

djinuk
I cut mine to make it look like a gti.

Now I prefer the rally slag look so just bought a new white one and am going to fit some big black arches they sell on ebay.

was it a lot of trouble cutting the arches etc? , ive noticed the xs has a recess where the bump strip sits in , do the gti arches and strips cover this ?

DaveW

yeah it sits in the recess.

Guest BrainFluid

Looks nice dude. She is a lucky lady, my first car was a fiat uno!

Do the front properly, get hold of x2 gti wings get um painted up and bolt the buggers on. Hey presto, even gots the holes you need for the trim.

You could do the same with the doors, get hold of x2 gti ones and put them on you might be lucky and get 2 with the gti stip already attached! And you could go for leccky windows...

As for the rear stick um on a cut the buggers! You know it makes sense do a search on removing the plastic crap thats under there too.

If you do that it will look exactly like a gti, esp with the gti wings. I've only ever seen one base model car with the after market trim that fits on it. It kinda looked okay, but It did not look right!

Good Luck!

P.s there ia a hole you will have to drill into the front bumper too to acommodate the front strip plastick sticky in pin too, you could cut and glue but what if you ever need to swop the bumper...

Jrod

The rear arch is 2 skins joined at the bottom by a lip.

I cut the lip off then seperated the 2 layers.

Cut them both up then riveted the 2 skins back together and covered it all with lots of sealant.

djinuk

sounds good, well i should be working on this car as of 2moro including getting soem fuel in it and getting it started :angry:, just out of interest how low can you go with a 205, ?

Jrod

Not sure but mine was lowered 60mm when I bought it and with the Gti arches it only looks about 30mm

yeti-dj

i used to have a xs that had a proper kit on it from Peugeot that fitted just fine and looked good, was a slightly different shape to the GTI kit though. Still had the original reciept as well for £148 from when the car was new.

you never know try Peugeot see if they have any lying around going cheap...

djinuk

cheers buddy will give em a try monday

djinuk

started the car 2nite after it ran dry and battery went flat, put a tenners fuel in and hey presto it was fine, once warmed up , spluttered a bit as the crap got pulled threw but soon was running perfect :)

MikeHunt79

I could be wrong, but doesn't the STDT have arches that fit a base model?

djinuk

rite , passed my test saturday, so the 205 is in for mot nxt saturday :) , all goin well will passs n then ill get thes gti arches on and looking at lowering her.. also looking into ronal turbo wheels but thts in future

Jrod

Don't put gti arches on as it's not a gti (Ok I did but I've grown up since then)

djinuk

why exactly not ??, at the end of the day i prefer the gti look, and its impossible for me to insure a gti due to my age, im young so hey ill go for it

djinuk

moted the car this morning , flew through mot no probs, filled it up at petrol station and realised when the car is runnings there is a leak from above the fuel tank. so its now at a garage being sorted as i dont fancy messing around with it .. hehe

Jrod

I still think the non gti look is much cooler. :P

Stealth!

djinuk

going to start work on the car this saturday so long as its not as cold as it is this morning, somebody has painted the bumpers black and in areas its cracking bad, so im going to wet and dry these until its all brought back to original , then will probably end up spraying them but propelly instead this time, also going to look at getting the gti kit on, by chopping into the arches , will intentionally roll them aswell to possibly allow for a bigger drop on the car.

djinuk

rebump on this topic. cars going to be lowered on wednesday , going to the garage tomorrow for cambelt, tensioner and pulleys. Then im going to look at cutting up these wings and getting the arches to fit although im looking at it and it dosent look a easy task but will see.

Also just to add i have been ripping of the paint on the front bumpers (previous owner did this and never primed them so have disintergrated) i will be respraying them shorlty, also spent some hours t-cuting the paint and its came up really nice. Anyway here are a few pics. before and after, please dont comment on the bumpers or wheels as these are being refurbed in the next two weeks by myself. :D

Before

205onrd.jpg

After

shiny2052.jpg

shiny2051.jpg

Edited by djinuk

Sign in to follow this