• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
axnutty

Rear Beam Shafts - But Which Model?

axnutty

Apologies before I start! Im sure this will have been covered at somepoint, but Ill be buggered if I can find it! :)

Just been down to Peugeot and got myself some new shafts for the rear beam. They seem to make different shafts for different models of the 205 and but does it make any difference whats so ever.

When I was looking at the parts list to get the part numbers they show different shafts for the 1.9to the 1.6 drum brake models? (Completly ignoring the "plain bearing option")

The beam in question is a 1.6GTi beam. So I choose the drum brake shafts, but looking at the shafts from the beam itself they look more like the 1.9 stepped ones?!

Ive tried the new shafts on the new bearings and they fit those correctly :huh:

Just want to get this right before I go ahead and puch the shafts in.

Anyone any ideas?

Anthony

They only actually sell one type now which are the GTi spec ones.

Early base model beams had different shafts with a smaller interior diameter that won't accept an ARB end plate (found that one out the hard way!) but all of the later beams seem to have the same shafts on from what I've seen.

welshpug

PICT0159.jpg

oddly mine werent a matching pair, the important dimensions were but as you can see from the following pic one is tapered and one stepped -

PICT0164.jpg

axnutty

Ah thats ok then :D

Thanks guys for the info. Mine are the tapered ones incidently

Incidently Welshpug, Just had a look around the garage and came to the same conclusion - one of my rear beams is using one of each like youve got (hence why im not too worried)

V8Pete

If you don't mind me asking, what did those set you back?

willxs

think there around the £58 +VAT IIRC

(could be off there though as im trying to remember from the top of my head)

axnutty

That sounds about right, I think they were £65 a piece without looking at the receipt.

V8Pete

Know anyone coming for a holiday in NZ with room for a couple of shafts in their luggage? :blush:

welshpug

£60 plus vat, if they're not in stock put them on a "stock order" it may take a few days longer but they can give you a higher rate of discount.

Sign in to follow this