• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

1/4 Panel Replacing

Richie-Van-GTi

Has anyone done a quarter panel replacement? hoping for a few pointers as I know its gonna be tricky. Need to do my drivers side as its totally gone at the bottom near the sill, thankfully sill looks to be intact and serviceable.

Problem I have is previous owner has filled the inner quarter with spray foam for some unknown reason, wondered how far into the inner arch the quartter goes or is it outside panel only? Dreading removing the foam and finding innert arch is shot.

normal_03012007056.jpg

As you can see, bit of a mess ;)

welshpug

the repair panel is only the outer skin so it would be pretty straightforward to replace.

I'm sure theres one on ebay now or was one recently, that'd give you an idea of the dimensions and where it joins up.

PVFCpug
Has anyone done a quarter panel replacement? hoping for a few pointers as I know its gonna be tricky. Need to do my drivers side as its totally gone at the bottom near the sill, thankfully sill looks to be intact and serviceable.

Problem I have is previous owner has filled the inner quarter with spray foam for some unknown reason, wondered how far into the inner arch the quartter goes or is it outside panel only? Dreading removing the foam and finding innert arch is shot.

normal_03012007056.jpg

As you can see, bit of a mess :D

I'm having the bottom of my RQP replaced right now by a bodywork guy. He is basically removing up to fresh metal then my understanding is he is going to replace up to the natural line with the trim about 12 inches up from Sill. Also replacing outer sills in entirity all for £150 a side.

axnutty

Wheres the work being done, does that include paint and parts? Is that a special price as he's a mate or is that price to anyone?

PVFCpug
Wheres the work being done, does that include paint and parts? Is that a special price as he's a mate or is that price to anyone?

It's a place in Kidsgrove and all he does is bodywork. The price is going to work out at about £450 mark in total as he is providing the parts, doing the bodywork and prepping for spraying. Also includes coating sills with Peugeot Stonechip and waxoil the inside of the sills.

The car will then be passed ready to spray to someone else.

Sign in to follow this