• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scumbag

Door Pins

scumbag
a long enough drift and a lump hammer...

Welshpug, what do you mean by a drift? Sorry if that's a dumb question!

Brambles
Welshpug, what do you mean by a drift? Sorry if that's a dumb question!

A round parallel sided long thing, preferably with the same diameter as the part you want to "drift" out.

I think you can also call it a punch, (not a center punch with a point).

Also you might find it easier to remoovr the door, it only has four bolts on the inside holding it to the hinge.

It gives you plenty of space to work.

You can also by a door hinge remoover which sometimes helps if you still have the door on.

The other thing is that if the roll pins were verry badly corroded and worn then the actuall hinge itself will probably have worn to a slightly oval shape trhereby reducing the benefits of replacing the hinge pins.

Although there are things that can be done to sort that out.

scumbag
Although there are things that can be done to sort that out.

Such as...?

Thanks! B)

Brambles

if the wear in the hinge itself is only minor dont worry about it as you would have improved matters just by fitting the new roll pins.

if its really bad (which hopefully it wont be) then you can drill it or ream it out slightly oversise and fit a larger roll pin or as was said earlier a bolt shank e.t.c.

I am sure there must be other methods as well, also i recall something from years ego about taping it with a hammer to close it up but am not sure of the details.

When i did mine they were verry rusty and corroded and one of the roll pins fell appart, but the holes were only a little worn so i just cleaned everyting up greased the pins holes etc and refitted everything and they seem ok with only a verry slight bit of play.

Make sure you grease them well so they will last and put the little plastic caps back to keep the water out.

Or as in my case with the plasti caps broken I made some new ones out of plastic trim clips which had the same diameter.

KRISKARRERA

Welshpug - checked mine in the daylight, it's torx bolts.

de Noir
How much were they from Peugeot guys?

Hinge shaft part no 9044 31 set me back around 5 (2 pcs in a bag).

Hinge shaft part no 9044 34 is sold in a batch of 5, also around 5 for a bag.

scumbag

Mine are stuck in good and proper. I shall be having a rematch with the little bleeders tomorrow!

KRISKARRERA

Look at the attached pic from the parts cd.

post-27-1168828559_thumb.jpg

Anyone got any idea what item number 9 is for? There's two of number 9 and it kinda looks like they sit within the hinge.

pugbliss

it kinda looks like they are the screw bit which the torx bolt goes into. could be wrong

welshpug

they look like bushes to me, but I have yet to need to look closely at a door with this type of pin.

futura

Isn't part #9 the little caps that prevent water from going in the hinge?

Sign in to follow this