• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Phase 2 309 Original Spoiler

welshpug

as titled!

I have a Goodwood that has a spoiler that seems to be rather unsecure, but as yet I havent figured out how its bolted down :unsure: (or not as the case may be!)

it needs to come off as the laquer it peeling and I'm going to repaint it and pop it back on securely!

the haynes manual I have it useless, but then it would be as its a Phase one manual :lol:

Russelltp

Seem to remember mine had rivets and screws into it. If you take out the plastic air vents on each side of the tailgate you should be able to see more. Mine wobbled as well but I decided that it wasn't going to fall off and left it as it was.

Sandy

Mine had 14mm nuts inside the tailgate, accessed through the vents on the side as Russell says, but it looked like it had been off before.

Edited by sandy309

Chris H

Mine has studs inserted into the spoiler an nuts on the inside of the tailgate, not sure if thats standard though!

I don't think we've been much help......studs, screws, rivits etc......i'll try and look at my other one later

Sandy
I don't think we've been much help......studs, screws, rivits etc

Still, it's nice to throw a few thoughts about :unsure:

welshpug

cheers guys, did think there'd be something behind those vents :)

didnt want to prise them out in case I was wrong though, french plastic and all that :lol:

boombang

Both phase 2's we have had were the "fixed" stud coming out of the spoiler through the boot top with nuts under.

When I say "fixed" I mean they freely span inside the spoiler and made it a real pain to remove :lol:

Sign in to follow this