• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ANDYMISIXTEEN

Running 18s/19s?

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Anyone running 18s or 19s on there 205? What width offset and tyre size have you gone for?

Daz_C

LOL :lol:

I doubt they will fit under a standard arched 205 or even bumpers/valance for that matter.

On 17's minor alteration is required on the front inner arch to get the wheel to turn without fowling. Also the rear valance is pretty close !

Most on here are purists and would say anything other than standard is a no no !!! :angry:

I'm not one of them ;):)

But 18" or 19" on a 205 would look proper s*ite IMO

roller-skate

dommorton

16's if you must but otherwise the standard 15's fit just right.

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Got 19s on at the mow 19x7 15mm offset and 215/35/19 tyres, just fitted a 309 beam and havnt tryed the wheels with the beam yet. Things are quite tight on the front. Thinking of going to 18s, dont think i can go much smaller or they will look to small with the kit.

Image2340510022307.jpg

1Image003.jpg

Simes

Whats that on the end of the roof?

welshpug

lol, your wheels wont fit with a 309 beam :angry:

boombang

handle!

GLPoomobile

Bet it handles like a go cart :lol::angry:

ORB

poor little pug, what you done to it?

t16ryan

You made it look like a clio at the front, :angry: Poor thing :):lol:

Paintguy

Something to push it with. It'll need it with all that extra weight and rolling resistance added :angry:

johnrobertgordon

What a complete and utter heap of s*it!

But its what ever floats.....Na f*** it that's a heap of s*it!

www.maxpower.com

ORB

Jeasus john, get off the fence for fooks sake. :unsure:

Miles

I ran 16's on mine and it was fine, No rubbing at all with 205/45/16 tyres on, but the wheels where 6 1/2" wide, But I had a car which was fitted with 17's and the body work was f**ked, all the inner arches where dented or hammered back and the rear tank filler kept wearing thru, another thing to watch so I would get a guard on there of some sort

But not the best place for bodykitted cars here as you might have guessed,

ANDYMISIXTEEN
I ran 16's on mine and it was fine, No rubbing at all with 205/45/16 tyres on, but the wheels where 6 1/2" wide, But I had a car which was fitted with 17's and the body work was f**ked, all the inner arches where dented or hammered back and the rear tank filler kept wearing thru, another thing to watch so I would get a guard on there of some sort

But not the best place for bodykitted cars here as you might have guessed,

Yer thought the response maybe like that lol. Brought it as a project all the bodywork had been dun alreadt, along with the wheels coilovers and engine. Just trying to finish it and see what its like with the mi16 in, then maybe sell it and get a street sleeper of some sort. If i do keep it think il put a smoothed boot on it with no spoiler at all.

As for the fuel tank im guna run an alloy tank in the back.

ORB

no...

keep it, take off all the plastic crap, put some proper rims on it, and paint it all the original colour.

job done.

Guest BrainFluid

You did what to a 1FM !??!!?

HA! only joking. I'ld be angry if it was....

A warm welcome to the forum or should I say the purist's den :unsure:

Dont mind them! We pay our money and take our choice. You have been quite kind to the NON 205gti that it used to be (by the looks of it?).

Not my cup of tea would look better in black with black wheels and bigger disks IMO.

GLPoomobile
Yer thought the response maybe like that lol. Brought it as a project all the bodywork had been dun alreadt, along with the wheels coilovers and engine. Just trying to finish it and see what its like with the mi16 in, then maybe sell it and get a street sleeper of some sort. If i do keep it think il put a smoothed boot on it with no spoiler at all.

As for the fuel tank im guna run an alloy tank in the back.

I think the response was maybe a little too harsh towards a new member. Good that you can take it in jest though :unsure:

If you like how it goes with the Mi16, put some 15" wheels on afterwards and it will be twice as fast :P

But seriously, I am open to a bit of body kit shenanigans (we're not all out and out purists here, sometimes 309 beams and the like can get a bit tedious :lol: ) but I've just never understood the craze for ridiculously over-wheeling hot hatches. I reckon if you compromised - keep the colour and some of styling, but lose the rear wing, lexus lights and swap to 16" Nimrods for example - it could look all right.

GLPoomobile

Edit to the above - you'll need to find a better front bumper and bonnet too :unsure:

axnutty

Thought Id seen that 205 before.

Image233.jpg

Thats spoiler is HUUUUGE!

Had a look through your photobucket account and saw the J100 BHP AX GTi as well, so Im guessing you must have posted on the axoc at somepoint too?

Personnaly like most of the other comments above Id say the car isnt to my ideal either. But youve gone down one avenure of modification with it and theres no point creating a middle of the road thing. So I reckon try for the bigger wheels and leave the styling as is. At the end of the day its whatever pleases you, not other peoples opnions. :unsure:

number2301

As massive ridiculous bodykits go that's not half bad. And the current wheels suit the kit in terms of style and size I reckon.

I really would change the spoiler for something more subtle and lose the silver filler cap. I wouldn't bother taking it back to standard either, you'd be better selling it to someone who wants one like that and buying a standard one if that's what you wanted!

chunkymonkey
As massive ridiculous bodykits go that's not half bad. And the current wheels suit the kit in terms of style and size I reckon.

I really would change the spoiler for something more subtle and lose the silver filler cap. I wouldn't bother taking it back to standard either, you'd be better selling it to someone who wants one like that and buying a standard one if that's what you wanted!

its a nice change to see something like that

not my cuppa char really but its horses for courses i guess :unsure:

post-6919-1167753957.jpg

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Yer the AX is my daily drive. Just lowered it on 1.9 alloys and put a zaust and air filter on it. If anything goes wrong with the engine on that then i will probably Vts it.

I brought the 205 about a year and a half ago now after selling my 5 turbo. At the time i liked it bar the spoiler, the spoiler isnt quite as big as it looks in real life. When i brought the car it had all the body work done by the previous owner, Paul Hunt from Revs he now works for Max Power. The car use to be a red gti, he brought it with an Mi16 in it. He got the engine rebuilt, Piper cams, twin 45s, Ported and polished head, a 1.6 box and the 19s. The engine still needs running in as far as i know.

Reasontly ive been thinking of getting a standard looking car slammed on some nice wheels with an engine swop or a tunned lump. Cant be doing with the hassel of bodykits and like the street sleeper look. My other half has a Tigra C20let (2.0 turbo) and thats a laugh seeing the looks on peoples faces when u over take them in something they think should be alot slower :lol:. I use to have a Miami Blue 1.9 on twin 40s with standard looks. Wish i had never sold it and had Mi16d that.

Dont think i could run 15s on it (check the 13s :)) or take it back to standard. Trying my mates 17s on it at the weekend so will see what it looks like with them on. Well im guna try get the car on the road and go from there.

S7000191.jpg

johnrobertgordon

hehe,

Sorry if my post was a little harsh.

How does it handle with them wheels on? do you get a lot of traming?

As for your car the windows look good! only joking mate :lol:

Sign in to follow this