• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CaptainP

Wishbone Types

CaptainP

I've gotten hold of a spare pair of wishbones from the scrappy today (along with a collection of other goodies!!). I'd like to replace the bushes on both of these so that they are ready just to drop in when the time is right. I've pushed the old bushes out but when I went to my local pug dealer today they said £11 each, and obviously I'll need 4. I've read on here through the search that you can buy a kit for about £17-£23 which includes enough for both sides. Anyone know where I can get the kit from currently as some of the old links are dead?

Also, are there different size bushes for different manufactures wishbones? If so, how do I indentify which wishbones I've just picked up?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Guest purpletoddy

The bush kit for one side is £17 odd from autofive.co.uk.........maybe check pugspares.com as well

boombang

The PEUGEOT full bush kit (4 of) + all new bolts, washers and nuts is £17 and IMHO and many others they are the best bushes - why pay more for less? :)

3599 07 is the part number you want.

CaptainP

Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify you think the OE Pug bushes will definitely fit in the wishbones I've got?

Cheers

boombang

Should do - never known a 205/309 Gti wishbone to run anything else and certainly fitted those bushes to an aftermarket wishbone myself.

welshpug

205/309 should be fine, its 306's and 405's you want to be careful with.

CaptainP

Ideal, off to Pug tomorrow to get the kit.

Cheers

davev

after seeing this post i decided to get a kit for when my bushes eventually go.

i got it today(was on stock order) and just a quick question. the kit comes with 4 small bushes, like mushroom style.and i assuming that these are for the front bush on the wishbone. and that i will need to order the rear bushes seperate? is this correct?

its only that i got the impression that all the wishbone bushes come with the kit :rolleyes: although its still a good price for what you get(when putting the wishbones in i thought the bolts looked slightly mix and match :( )

dave.

welshpug

on the 205 the front and rear bushes are the same IIRC, theyre not like the 306 where the front pivot has 2 bushes.

davev

i do appologise <_< i just had a peek at 309 wishbones on ebay and indeed they only have one bush each.(even better value now :P )

for some reason i was thinking that the rear bush was a flat type(thinking ford stylee) :)

dave.

Sign in to follow this