• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Bike Tb Suitability , Set Of R6 Ones Available

pugpete1108

i know gsxr are the ideal choice for bike tb set ups on most cars , but i have noticed a couple of set of yamaha r6 bodies going at half the price .

now depending on the inlet size (dunno if anyone can verify?) i may well buy them.

these are them:

post-7077-1167419057.jpg

either that its just cough up and buy these:

post-7077-1167419157_thumb.jpg

i think i may have just answered my own question :unsure::lol:

welshpug

whats the diameter of them? that should show wether they're suitable or not.

pugpete1108
whats the diameter of them? that should show wether they're suitable or not.

not sure yet, still waiting for a reply (ebay)

bales

I am selling some R6 ones now actually, think that the choke size is 36mm, however they might be a bit restrictive on a GTI-6 engine.

(mine are carbs)

Edited by bales

DrSarty

I'm not an expert on this, and I assume that if balesey is selling R6's that they work. However, after reading a huge article re bike bodies/carbs they recommended Yamaha R1 (R-one) carbs as being the ones to go for. I assume there's a difference, but was just mentioning it. Interested in the differences between all 3: GSX-R to R6 to R1 anyway.

DrS :unsure:

bales

Just checked mine with a vernier and they are 37.3mm at the at the butterfly.

So say 37mm.

According to my 4 stroke performance tuning book 36mm is adequate for a semi-race engine with 500cc per cylinder

(I have never used them so I am not saying this from experience, I agree a lot of people tend to go for the R1's due to the larger choke size's, however how much of this is to do with the big is good so bigger must be better philosophy i don't know. Theoretically they should be fine, but that is often not so practical in real life)

Edited by bales

gizzmo
I'm not an expert on this, and I assume that if balesey is selling R6's that they work. However, after reading a huge article re bike bodies/carbs they recommended Yamaha R1 (R-one) carbs as being the ones to go for. I assume there's a difference, but was just mentioning it. Interested in the differences between all 3: GSX-R to R6 to R1 anyway.

DrS :unsure:

any body tried honda cbr1000rr bodies ?

Rippthrough

38mm's, should be good for about 200bhp.

Also have some nice vacuum powered CV sliders to keep the airspeed up, and the fuel regulator is built in and it has proper throttle balance adjustment (seperate from the idle adjustment, which is remote mounted)

Edited by Rippthrough

Richie-Van-GTi

top pic is R6 carbs, the one below is bodies which will explain the big price difference.

Rippthrough
top pic is R6 carbs, the one below is bodies which will explain the big price difference.

Nope, both are bodies

DrSarty
Nope, both are bodies

At the risk of being called a dummy - what's the real difference between a TB & a carb? A carb I understand has a float chamber usually - SU style have a needle which lifts due to vacuum thus opening an apeture and TBs 'seem' to be an injector into a venturi with a butterfly, the latter similar to a carb because of course they both have an identical function.

In Red Dwarf style: 'enlightenment please...quickly'.

DrS <_<

Rippthrough

Simple as that - throttle bodies use injectors and an ECU carbs use needles, jets and spray bars to meter fuel.

Of course, no matter how many different metering jets and adjustments you have, a carb is never going to fuel perfectly everywhere, whereas a tb will be as close as makes little difference.

pugpete1108

just found some gsxr600 tb's and they are 38mm id at inlet end, think this will do the job as i am looking for aroud 200bhp fingers crossed

Rippthrough
just found some gsxr600 tb's and they are 38mm id at inlet end, think this will do the job as i am looking for aroud 200bhp fingers crossed

The r6 bodies are the same size.

pugpete1108
The r6 bodies are the same size.

will the r6 ones do the same job then? i am using a custom manifold utilising the gti6 injectors .

do they have similar butterflies and do they use a tps witht the same sort of spindle right through them?

Dream Weaver
Nope, both are bodies

The R6 ones shown are carbs, GSXR etc are bodies - the comparison would be Weber 45's vs Jenvey, and being in 2006 i'd always go for the more modern TB's.

My TB's cost £63, but that was before they were that sought after <_<

Rippthrough
The R6 ones shown are carbs, GSXR etc are bodies - the comparison would be Weber 45's vs Jenvey, and being in 2006 i'd always go for the more modern TB's.

No the R6 ones are bodies! And mine cost me £37 with regulator, tps, map sensor and pipework.

Edited by Rippthrough

pugpete1108

i was kind of thinking that ,although they do the same job the bodies are specific for fuel injection right?

plus the bodies look alot smaller thus lighter? surely.

si, what size are the inlets on your gsxr's you have 750's don't ya?

the ones bales is selling look different form the ones i have seen on ebay, they appear to have electronic injectors on them . could be wrong!

Edited by pugpete1108

Rippthrough
the ones bales is selling look different form the ones i have seen on ebay, they appear to have electronic injectors on them . could be wrong!

They are bodies, I have a set right here in front of me!

pugpete1108
They are bodies, I have a set right here in front of me!

do they have injectors fitted or jets?

Rippthrough

Injectors, and a TPS, and a MAP sensor and fuel pressure regulator.

pugpete1108
Injectors, and a TPS, and a MAP sensor and fuel pressure regulator.

oh right, i know nuting!! <_< , still quite bulky though?

Rippthrough
oh right, i know nuting!! <_< , still quite bulky though?

Not really, only difference to most bodies is they have vacuum powered CV sliders to help with fuel homogenisation at low rpm - helps with the throttle response. Makes them about 10mm longer than most bodies, but its not really a problem.

A lot of what you see there is surplus hosing and wiring - the wiring loom is triple wrapped and secured to the bodies in the bottom of that picture.

Edited by Rippthrough

pugpete1108
Not really, only difference to most bodies is they have vacuum powered CV sliders to help with fuel homogenisation at low rpm - helps with the throttle response. Makes them about 10mm longer than most bodies, but its not really a problem.

A lot of what you see there is surplus hosing and wiring - the wiring loom is triple wrapped and secured to the bodies in the bottom of that picture.

hmmmm, i had decided to get the gsxr ones, but now i'm not sure . cheers <_<<_<<_<

bales

<_<

I am getting a bit confused by the replies on here, are you saying that ones at the start of the thread are bodies or that the ones i am selling are bodies.

I can confirm that mine are without a shadow of a doubt carbs, but to be fair the ones in the picture look very similar to mine just without the throttle trumpets on.

I dont see how you can see that they have injectors on since we can only see one side of them, the only difference to mine is that they appear to have some more plumbing on with a pressure regulator.

Yamaha seem to have made lots of little changes to the carbs over the years so I am not sure how you can tell they are bodies from what you can see. I also (though I could be wrong) have never seen diaphragms used in throttle bodies.

In some of the later R6 bike engines that we had at uni that were injected the bodies didnt have vacuum sliders in them they were just well....throttle bodies with a butterfly and injectors in.

Anyway aslong as you get the right ones thats all that matters. Get the gsxr ones I have heard of more people having sucess with them so there must be something decent about them <_<

Alex

Sign in to follow this