• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TB_205GTI

Xu10j4rs Manifold

TB_205GTI

Does anybody know the flow limitations on the XU10J4RS exhaust manifold?

Also can someone tell me approx. where the CatCams 4903155 on a 2.3L TB'ed (50mm bodies) engine will make peak power? (assuming the trumpet length and the cam timing are ideal)

Edited by TB_205GTI

PumaRacing
Does anybody know the flow limitations on the XU10J4RS exhaust manifold?

Also can someone tell me approx. where the CatCams 4903155 on a 2.3L TB'ed (50mm bodies) engine will make peak power? (assuming the trumpet length and the cam timing are ideal)

No but I can tell you it doesn't have enough lift to make decent power. I'm trying to get something better designed at the moment.

TB_205GTI
No but I can tell you it doesn't have enough lift to make decent power. I'm trying to get something better designed at the moment.

The cam?

It should give almost 230Bhp on that engine - given everything is set up properly. :)

It's a mates car - he has a Naak ECU on it and went to Naak (Danish tuner) to get it mapped today, but the exhaust manifold could't flow enough for the engine so he is stuck with 207Bhp at 6.000 rpm at the moment.

Too bad it should top a bit higher.

The head is not a XU10J4RS, it's a XU10J4 (34.6mm inlet, 29.6mm exhaust)

Edited by TB_205GTI

PumaRacing
The cam?

Yes. It only has 10mm lift. That's pretty grim. With the same duration and 11.5mm lift you could be looking at 5% extra power. That's a lot to chuck away on a 200 plus bhp engine.

TB_205GTI
Yes. It only has 10mm lift. That's pretty grim. With the same duration and 11.5mm lift you could be looking at 5% extra power. That's a lot to chuck away on a 200 plus bhp engine.

Yes it sure is!

He first had a solid lifter cam, and ordered solid 16 lifters at CatCams (550 quid) - but the did not fit the XU10J4 head - CatCams refused to take them back as they had been fitted to the head. So no other option than to buy a "hydr." grind - just too bad he got that one :/

petert

Sounds good in theory, but it's been my experience that total lift is not that critical in a XU9J4/XU10J4 head with this state of tune. For example, two hydraulic cams, both 236 deg. @ 0.050", one 9.2mm total, the other 11.1mm, both make approximately the same power.

TB_205GTI

petert: yes I saw them om Guy Croft's forum - good info.

Mattsav

The 155 & 156 profiles are FIA Super Production profiles and are all duration and no lift.

Not a lot of use unless you have to run to FIA specs.

I'm waiting for them to put some more sensible profiles on the site for this engine.

Maxi's running a Gti-6 ex manifold on his engine and making 216bhp (S16 head) but his is only a 2.1

maxi
The 155 & 156 profiles are FIA Super Production profiles and are all duration and no lift.

Not a lot of use unless you have to run to FIA specs.

I'm waiting for them to put some more sensible profiles on the site for this engine.

Maxi's running a Gti-6 ex manifold on his engine and making 216bhp (S16 head) but his is only a 2.1

Mi16 head Matt..... XU9J4 ;)B)

Mine did exceed 220BHP on its previous runs.....

Maxi

Sandy

I've known one be converted to 4-2-1 by cutting off the flange/collector and welding y-collectors and secondaries on. I don't know how well it worked, but it certainly looked good!

Sign in to follow this