• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205mattgti

Help

205mattgti

help i ahve a pug 205 gti with a dealer fit sunroof (not a vacuum one) and it leaks really bad when it rains but cannot find the drain holes to check to see if they r blocked

has anyone else got one of theses sunroofs that can help

cheers matt

Richie-Van-GTi

check its not the ariel as these give same symptons.

205mattgti
check its not the ariel as these give same symptons.

its deffo not the ariel have replaced the base and resealed.

anymore ideas

trogboy

Soory for sounding patronising but have you cleaned up the rubber seal where that thge flass sits on. Every so often mine gets a tiny bit of crap on it which causes the sunroof to leak when it rains.

Also if your sunroof is a dealer fit you may find that the drain points are not connected to any drain tubing which shoukld run down to the sills with the effect that water will drain onto the top of the head lining. This is also the case in my car, so when it leaks the water collects in the rubber trim that runs around the plastic of the sunroof fitting and butts up against the headlining. Pulling down on one corner of the rubber trim when it is raining really heavily is like tipping a watering can all over your lap. Tankfully cleaning up the glass and the rubber seal cured my problem. HTH

205mattgti

i ahve tried everything now and my sunroof is still leaking

anymore suggestions

welshpug

checked the drainholes?

205mattgti

i cant find any drain holes i ahve removed bits of the sunroof but cant find any

has anyone got a pic of where they r located

cheers

matt

welshpug

not sure how this sunroof fits, if its like an AX theyll be under the glass at the front and rear corners of the aperture.

Sign in to follow this