• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
saveloy

Challenge Spec Billies

Rippthrough

not me, I'm just running some Gaz stuff

There's plenty of people on here running slicks, 200+bhp engines, LSD's cages etc and are tracking/racing their cars regularly, who would probably notice the difference though, I mean some of the Ohlins setups can even be adjusted for different responses to temperature, how many at cadwell commented their cars felt a bit taughter in the cold weather? (How many got caught out by it even?)

As with everything I suppose, you can always go one step better for two steps more money.

Edited by Rippthrough

pdd144c

On an unlimited budget maybe, but when I spoke to Ohlins last they were talking a silly amount of money.

huckleberry

I always have the feeling that you need your own expertise for changing the setup as every track will probably need another setup right? That's what would frighten me to buy a 1.000 pound setup when it'll never be setup good enough to make full use of it. I guess most of the people here want to have something that is good for more that just the track. They need to drive it home too and maybe all the way to Germany and then the ring and back etc.

Rippthrough
I always have the feeling that you need your own expertise for changing the setup as every track will probably need another setup right? That's what would frighten me to buy a 1.000 pound setup when it'll never be setup good enough to make full use of it. I guess most of the people here want to have something that is good for more that just the track. They need to drive it home too and maybe all the way to Germany and then the ring and back etc.

Yeah that's the problem, no point in spending out if you aren't going to use the adjustments right.

I think that's what scares people away, they don't really have to fiddle with a few grands worth of engine.

-Phillip

Edited by Rippthrough

Sandy

Turreting the rear for vertical dampers brings a huge improvement in body control. That has to come first IMO.

Garry

Are these the PSS Coilovers they do or are they in between the Sprintlines and PSS range?

Sam

Challenge spec are fixed platform but with beefy inverted inserts.

Miles

They are as Sam has said just the std platforms as the Sprintlines etc use with a uprated insert fitted, You can take them apart and change the inserts if needed

saveloy

These are pre-dominantly for road use.

Sandy, I have a 24mm rear anti roll bar and they seem to be pretty much perfect ( for road use).

They don't have the harsh edge that I have come to expect from other dampers I have used.

I seem to be able to travel over sleeping policemen atleat 10 mph more than my previous Avos, yet the consequences are far less severe.

At the end of the day, I have a wonderful fast road set up with none of the dire consequences inherent in uprated set ups. Bingo!

I am surprised, yet wonderfully happy.

Sandy

It's pretty subjective though, what I might get from it might be different to you.

Sign in to follow this