• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnrobertgordon

Xu10t Throttle Body Pipes

tom_m
YES!!! ;)

It goes to the charcoal canister via an electrovalve. The charcoal canister is mounted under the front wing.

The electrovalve is modulated by the ECU in the same way as the boot controller is.

You can of course ditch it completely when the engine is transplanted.

My nipples are loose too. Worried me at first but you'll find under vacuum they tighten up a treat.

pah i saw this thread n didnt look...:S it goes to charcoal canister, that evil little purge valve that dumps crap into the intake at certain times while driving. unfortunatly u need the senser plugged in still otherwise youll read a k lite fault code all the time. i just blocked the pipe up and left the solanoid buzzing away in the inner wing.

edit

the nipples are always loose, just take car when putting pipes on them.

is that what the yellow plug is on the side of the throttle body then? the purge valve?

inferno

no the purge plug is black or brown iirc and sits near the wing. the yellow plug im not sure of as it goes, just leave it plugged in as u need it:P

sonofsam

Anyone up for a game of 'name that throttle body sensor'

if I put a picture up, not to clued myself tbh.. :)

jim21070
Anyone up for a game of 'name that throttle body sensor'

if I put a picture up, not to clued myself tbh.. :D

Pop up a picture then Sam :)

There are three..

Throttle Pot (TPS) (White Plug)

Inlet Air Temperature Sensor (Grey Plug) Down by the side near the TPS on a long black lead.

Throttle Body Heater (Yellow Plug) On top of the TB

The Purge Valve is as Inferno correctly said, on a Brown Plug near the wing.

Edited by jim21070

inferno

anyone got a spare grey plug? id like one on the other side of my charge cooler... :)

tom_m
no the purge plug is black or brown iirc and sits near the wing. the yellow plug im not sure of as it goes, just leave it plugged in as u need it:P

nothing to plug it into yet :D not made the loom for the emerald

Pop up a picture then Sam :)

There are three..

Throttle Pot (TPS) (White Plug)

Inlet Air Temperature Sensor (Grey Plug) Down by the side near the TPS on a long black lead.

Throttle Body Heater (Yellow Plug) On top of the TB

The Purge Valve is as Inferno correctly said, on a Brown Plug near the wing.

cool, thats another thing i can ignore then :D, you'd think being a turdo it wouldn't need a throttle body heater!

jim21070
you'd think being a turdo it wouldn't need a throttle body heater!

Indeed Tom. I've been giving this some thought and all I can offer is this:

As you know, in the standard installation of this engine, the intercooler is sandwiched between the aircon condenser and the coolant rad. The air filter picks up cold air via a front-facing intake in the grille.

Under certain circumstances it may be possible for the engine to be breating very cold air and have a frozen (or very cold) aircon condenser, particularly on cars with climate control as the aircon is operative when the heater is in auto and demist mode (to dry the demisting air). Under such circumstances, the air outlet temperature from the intercooler could well be below freezing. This then hits the throttle body and if there is sufficient water vapour around, this could form ice in the TB and possibly freeze the butterfly shaft open akin to how a carb can freeze up in cold weather. This would be rather dangerous. I've had it happen on carbs in the past and its not funny.

All highly unlikely I agree and what I have just said may be total rubbish but car manufacturers have to cater for every eventuality.

Any other thoughts?

tom_m
Any other thoughts?

just the i definatley won't need it in the 205 :D one less wire to worry about :)

jim21070
just the i definatley won't need it in the 205 :) one less wire to worry about :D

No, you certainly won't Tom but you may find the ECU might get the 'ump if the heater is not present and throw up a "K" light :)

tom_m

one word jim... emerald :)

jim21070
one word jim... emerald :D

:) Sorry Tom. Missed that gem of information!

tom_m
:) Sorry Tom. Missed that gem of information!

if a jobs worth doing... :D

probably making things harder for myself, but ho hum, i expect there will be more 'help' posts before its all done! :)

johnrobertgordon

Aftermarket ecu is a must for this engine, its standard form is so unsuited for the 205. Its a motor way munching engine, not a hot hatch lump.

Edited by johnrobertgordon

Sign in to follow this