• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnrobertgordon

Xu10t Throttle Body Pipes

johnrobertgordon

DVC00799f2.jpg

The two little pipes on the throttle body. Where are they ment to go, also on mine I noticed the nipples are a little loose (wobbly) is this bad?

Thanks

John

Edited by johnrobertgordon

stevec205gti
. Where are they ment to go, also on mine I noticed the nipples are a little loose (wobbly) is this bad?

Thanks

John

They obviously just need tweaking :)

I'll just get me coat........ :)

sonofsam

lol^^

On every engine i've seen, the one on the left always goes to the oil filler tower.

As for the right one, i would like to know also, got quite a few pics we may be able to expend and enlighten.

Will upload later if no one has knows!?

Yes I too have a wobbly nipple :huh:

johnrobertgordon

Wheres Inferno when you need him?????

I shall start by saying currently one of mine (think its the left hand side one) go's to the 3 way boost controler.

johnrobertgordon

No one know?

sonofsam

Dude, i have just been looking at every pic I have of these engines and both 406/XM haynes plus all the wiring diagrams...and I stil, can not work it out!

Mght be worth ringing Pugspares.

johnrobertgordon

HA HA, the great nipple mystery.

sonofsam
Miles

Take a look here, It goes to the turbo

post-43-1166124756_thumb.jpg

sonofsam

Thats how mine is set up at the moment using a mechanical boost controller ( ditched the boost solenoid), one pipe from the wastegate to the MBC then onto the throttle body, as per instructions it came with:) You want it as close to the wastegate as possible too;)

Edited by sonofsam

max0

17.jpg

does that help? got loads more if needed n no jokes about the rubber gloves ;)

sonofsam

Nice gloves ;)

Yes and no ;) were does that pipe that comes of the throttle body lead too exactly please.

max0
Nice gloves ;)

Yes and no ;) were does that pipe that comes of the throttle body lead too exactly please.

That wasnt my engine it jims from frenchtune.co.uk there are some more pics on his site.

just nipped out to the garage to have a look at mine. Mine still has the pipe connected to it but not 100% sure where it goes without going through all my photos.

Would a photo of that pipe help? ill ask him next time i see him.

Andy

Edited by max0

sonofsam

Ar I see, thought that it was yours ;)

Yes it would help johnrobertgordon fo sure, just be nice to know were it leads to, not nesecarily a picture. Im sticking with my set up ( as its working fine now )

Cheers for looking in your garage though Andy:)

tom_m

citereonturboengine-1.jpg

ok on mine it is pipe number 1, no idea what it used to connected to, but its not there now.

i thought it might be boost signal for the ecu map sensor, but i think thats pipe 2?

sonofsam

Yeap pipe 2 is for MAP sensor:)

johnrobertgordon

I have just noticed something, my engine seems to have a pipe that yours all don't have. I have a little pipe sticking out the top of my throttle housing which is used for the map sensor and now my Boost guage too.

sonofsam

Nope i got that too:) and its no.2 in the pic that tom put up;)

I Tee'd into the one next to that for my BG.

The hunt for missing nipple no.1 continues....

tom_m

yup its definatley this pipe, but i'm buggered if i know what needs a boost signal down there!

DSC06973.jpg

peter

On mine that pipe is leads to the ecu which is mounted in the wing the other goes to the top of the oil filler.

Or have i read this post wrong?

I can take a pic tomorow if needed and my car runs fine so if its not there you dont need it ;)

sonofsam
17.jpg

Anyone got any leads on this bemusing pipe situation yet :)

Or hoping our newest member of the exclusive Turbo gang may hold the vital clue.

Calling Jim :D

jim21070

YES!!! :D

It goes to the charcoal canister via an electrovalve. The charcoal canister is mounted under the front wing.

The electrovalve is modulated by the ECU in the same way as the boot controller is.

You can of course ditch it completely when the engine is transplanted.

My nipples are loose too. Worried me at first but you'll find under vacuum they tighten up a treat.

sonofsam

Nice one Jim, ta.

So do you think it's better to block up the spare nippple for the charcoal canister

or put a breather on it?

jim21070
So do you think it's better to block up the spare nippple for the charcoal canister

or put a breather on it?

I'd block it personally. If you put a breather on it you run the risk of admitting unwanted extra air and/or killing the ported vacuum at this point.

If you are not using the standard rubber piping from the intercooler to the throttle body, the cansiter nipple makes a perfect place to attach the third pipe from the boost control solenoid.

inferno

pah i saw this thread n didnt look...:S it goes to charcoal canister, that evil little purge valve that dumps crap into the intake at certain times while driving. unfortunatly u need the senser plugged in still otherwise youll read a k lite fault code all the time. i just blocked the pipe up and left the solanoid buzzing away in the inner wing.

edit

the nipples are always loose, just take car when putting pipes on them.

Edited by inferno

Sign in to follow this