• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wildejon

1.6 Afm And Ecu On A 1.9

wildejon

Sorry if this has been covered before but I have a new 1.6 afm and a working ecu sitting about after my engine swap. I was wondering if I can happily run my 1.9 with the 1.6 afm and ecu? That afm was working really well and it seems a shame to waste it!

Cheers :)

futura

it will run but you won't get the right mixture for the 1.9 engine.

mattmk1
it will run but you won't get the right mixture for the 1.9 engine.

I ran this combination quite happily for a month or two, and the car ran and performed quite nicely. It did cause fairly poor mpg though. Ive now swapped to 1.9 items and there is a big all round improvement in the car, as i beleive the 1.6 items cause the engines to run rich at low rpm.

pug_ham

Using the 1.6 ecu will make it over fuel when mixed with the yellow 1.9 injectors & as said it won't be as intended from the factory.

What dizzy are you using?

Graham.

wildejon

Using the dizzy that came with the 1.9, I guess its different to the 1.6 one? Using the yellow injectors also.

Thanks for your replies everyone, very helpful, I'll get my 1.9 one fixed instead :)

I guess I'll be selling a pretty much newly reconditioned 1.6 one soon then, shame I won't get anywhere near what I paid for it! More fool me!

Jon

pug_ham
Using the dizzy that came with the 1.9, I guess its different to the 1.6 one?

Yes, they have different advance curves & balance weights.

Post the number up if you can to check it is a 1.9 one.

Graham.

Guest srack

last time i used the 1.6 ecu the car ran must faster (due to more fuel on low rpm), but it did take more fuel per litters (gallons over uk)

i do not think that using the 1600 afm on a 1900 engine is bad, actualy, if you fix the spring as it should (use euro4 machine) the car drives the same.

some people mentiod that 1900 is different, well, how than? by the spring? this can be changed. whats realy the different? can anyone put his finger on it and say the differents?

cheers.

Sign in to follow this