• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest santos2001uk

1.6 Gearbox And Linkage

Guest santos2001uk

im puttin together a 1.6 box on an xu engine and its no problem but when i attatched the cable it looks like i need a ball bearing or something to go betweent the last bit of linkage that moves the clutch. anyone know wat i mean at all?? i cant find a picture if i get no replies il take one..

;)

ORB

big rubber grommet with washer that goes into the clutch controll arm?

Edited by ORB

Guest santos2001uk
big rubber grommet with washer that goes into the clutch controll arm?

cheers for the reply but its on the front of the box. after that bit i think il get a picture later

Jer309GTi

You've posted in the wrong section mate, if you put it in the XU section you should get a few more replies :huh:

steve@cornwall

the famous be1 clutch pin? 45mm x diameter7mm rod- radiused both ends

Edited by steve@cornwall

sonofsam
im puttin together a 1.6 box on an xu engine and its no problem but when i attatched the cable it looks like i need a ball bearing or something to go betweent the last bit of linkage that moves the clutch. anyone know wat i mean at all?? i cant find a picture if i get no replies il take one..

:)

Clutch thrust bearing ?-- Sits on the fork/input shaft in the gearbox and pushes clutch fingers. Are you doing the 2.0L Turbo conversion?

Edited by sonofsam

Guest santos2001uk
Clutch thrust bearing ?-- Sits on the fork/input shaft in the gearbox and pushes clutch fingers. Are you doing the 2.0L Turbo conversion?

yea sam im trying... not far now. got most parts except shafts and engine mounts and intercooler pipes... iv seen an emerald ecu on ebay too. just didnt meet reserve at 87... i have the auction number if your interested or know anyone. sorry bout the off topic

i think its 'the famous be1 clutch pin? 45mm x diameter7mm rod- radiused both ends'

ive put a picture on yahoo phonto's

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/santos2001uk/a...646076236489103. anyone know the part number or have one spare??

davev

link dont work.

sonofsam

You can upload the picture directly to the Forum, you should have an attach option below were you write your reply:)

pug_ham
You can upload the picture directly to the Forum, you should have an attach option below were you write your reply:)

Not until you reach drivers status & above.

Looking at that picture you are missing the rod that fits between cable end quadrant & clutch release arm.

I think it might be 2120 46 FORK LINK looking on here but you can make them out of a piece rod or a bolt to the diamensions posted above by stave@cornwall.

Graham.

Guest santos2001uk
Not until you reach drivers status & above.

Looking at that picture you are missing the rod that fits between cable end quadrant & clutch release arm.

I think it might be 2120 46 FORK LINK looking on here but you can make them out of a piece rod or a bolt to the diamensions posted above by stave@cornwall.

Graham.

thanks for the help. i just went down the pug dealers they took ten minutes to find it but sure enough..

Sign in to follow this