• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
nunoserrano

Increasing Gti6 to 2045cc

nunoserrano

Hi i have read some off you saying that have done the 20045cc engine by puting the Mi16v head and crank whit the xu10j4 2.0 Mi ; S16 bloc.

so my question is as it been done whit the xu10j4rs gti6 bloc ???? how it goes ??? thanks

Edited by nunoserrano

KRISKARRERA

I asked Miles this a while back and I think he said no.

Hilgie

I agree on this one. The key to this conversion is the fact that the S16 engine has its pistons sitting 1mm down the bore. Fitting a XU9 crank gives 2mm more stroke so the pistons sit flush with the deck.

The GTi6 engine however has its pistons sitting at deckheight already so fitting an XU9 crank would have them stick out by 1mm and hitting the valves possibly.

James_R

The answer is to use a s16 piston/rod combo (yes the not cadbury's pistons the 6 has) and an 88 crank with a 6 head plonked on it ;)

nunoserrano

So i have to sold my gti6 engine ;) and buy a s16 one ?? or can i use the bloc off the gti6 whit the s16 pistons and rods ??? thanks

de Noir

Why don't you stick with your XU10J4RS then, when you have one? ;)

Hilgie
So i have to sold my gti6 engine ;) and buy a s16 one ?? or can i use the bloc off the gti6 whit the s16 pistons and rods ??? thanks

Use S16 pistons and rods.

James_R

Be careful about the compression on the engine though, Gti heads are approx 36cc over the 40cc of a s16, I don't know the valve pocket volumes, but saying that an 88 crank's 16 makes 11:1 (or is it 11.2:1) lossing 10% out of the head volume bumps it up rather high, unless you're putting hige cams in to then it could be an issue.

nunoserrano

No i will use the Mi16v head not the 6 one so by the end of the day or i sell my gti6 engine and buy a s16 one or find some s16 rods and pistons and put them on the gti6 bloc but first i whant to make another question what is the best choice doing the 2045cc conversion or stay whit the gti6 lump??? thanks

By the way im going to run the engine whit jenvey tb`s whit haltech management and petert inlet cam stage 1

Edited by nunoserrano

James_R

The GTi-6 head has much better flow characteristics (sp??) than a Mi head, and also no oil surge issues, whihc for track is rather important.

TB_205GTI

Just a little hijack - would the S16 rods and pistons not be a cheap a rather good for a GTI6 turbo?

B1ack_Mi16
Yes.

Would they?

With GTI6 head having 36cc headchamber instead of 40cc..?

Maybe compression will be on the high side.

Sign in to follow this