• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gtiracer

Best Way Of Cleaning Brake Calipers

Gtiracer

I have recently acquired a set of rear calipers for a 1.9 beam and im intending to paint them but they obviously need a good clean first, has anyone got any good well proven methods/products before i start using plain old elbow grease to remove the crap contained on them?

cheers

Edited by Gtiracer

gti_al

I reckon brake cleaner would be a good start... Comes in a can and is designed for the job. Certainly worked ok when i used it.

mrswampy

yep a good can of brake cleaner to start with, then once its back to just the rust on there get a wire brush on it to clean it up the rest of the way.

and dont bother buying expensive high temp paints just use hammerite smooth comes in loads of colors and looks fine, mine has ebign on for 3 years and is only just starting t look a bit messy and faded now.

sonofsam

Wire brush drill attachment :)

travill

Safety Kleen brake cleaner is the best.

Pug_101

De-icer

Works on the brake dust that builds up on your alloys.

Simes
I reckon brake cleaner would be a good start... Comes in a can and is designed for the job. Certainly worked ok when i used it.

Cheaper to use Meths - that's all brake cleaner is really.

Sign in to follow this