• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mos

New Clutch Cables

mos

hi,

did not have the chance to get the car i am having a problem with pulling left on the ramp today as when i left home this morning the clutch cable snapped B)

after a trip to gsf i fitted a new one, far lighter clutch than before which i know is pretty much the norm when changing a clutch cable, but this feels lighter than any new clutch cable i have fitted before to any of my 205 over the past twelve years, very nice and smooth operation, pretty much like a lot of much newer cars

i must have fitted 8-10 cables over the years to mine and friends 205 gti's all with the same be3 boxes in both genuine peugeot cables and aftermarket ones like gsf etc

its never been this light before, dont get me wrong its a good thing as the clutches always seem to be a tad heavy on 205s

its strikes me as a little suprising in a nice way for once with a 205 but i cant be down to the clutch itself as that was fitted 2 years ago when the car was built when the cable that snapped this morning was fitted.

anyway the clutch is avaleo unit that i have used before in other cars

got me wondering if gsf are using a new supplier with a superior cable as the one that snapped was less than a couple of years old and had only covered about 5k since so maybe they have had reliabiliy issues etc

thanks

mark

Edited by mos

Sign in to follow this