• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
axnutty

Bodykit Clips

axnutty

On the GTi im currently renovating the front arches are held on with the appropirate litte clips - the ones like a letter "T". This is fine but the bit of the clip that sits through the little holes in the wing is smaller than the hole. Hence the arch wont stay on.

Now in just one of these holes is a small plastic hoop that effectivley makes the hole smaller and the bodykit clip stay in place. I therefore presumed that all of the holes should have this little plastic hoop bit.

I went down to Peugeot and had a look on their systems and couldnt find any reference to this part?

Does anyone know the bit im on about? Preferably with part number?? I can get some pics if that will make it any easier?

Please help as soon as these arches are on its MOT test time! B)

axnutty

Yeah already tried Scrappers round here and autofive. Could get their whole bodykit clip pack at £30 but figured thats a little excessive.

They seem a bit weak to remove from a scrap car so id sooner have them new.

Just seemed weird that Peugeot didnt seem to list them...

dommorton

Autofive sell individual arch fitting kits rather than buying the whole lot.

Edp

04 8565 14 10 MOULDING CLIP

05 8565 15 10 SEAL WASHER DIAM 5

9A 6993 81 01 SCREW BAG 6X100-16

9B 6943 23 01 SPEED NUT 6X100-22,5-15,5

9C 6992 34 01 CLIP

9D 6992 31 01 13,5X10-7,2

9E 6992 98 01 CRANK CLIP 6X21

post-3253-1165775818_thumb.gif

Hope that helps.

welshpug

there are two types, one used on earlier cars that is like a serrated plug, which IIRC fits into the wings that have the inserts, and the other type that has a plain shaft like in the pictures above, oddly enough I couldnt find it on Miamistu's parts catalouge but they are available from peugeot at a much lower Price than elsewhere ;) take an old one in with you, and if all else fails try another dealer!

axnutty

Cheers everyone - went down Peugeot again today armed with the above printout. (Caused a few questions of "where did you get that?")

A large amount of pointing and scratching of heads later and it appears Ive ordered myself the correct bits. Shall find out tomorrow when they turn up!

Just out of interest and to anyone in the same dilema just buy the whole lot of bidykits from Autofive at £30. Not only is not that more expensive to just buy everything, but your guarenteed to get all the bits you need.

Eh well lesson learned I guess. :)

Edited by axnutty

dommorton

As said you can buy single arch packs from Autofive

welshpug
As said you can buy single arch packs from Autofive

for more than Peugeot charge ;)

gti_al

I was about to start a thread asking the exact same question... I just got my car back from the painter and all the clips are missing.

I've ordered new bits that go through the guard, but peugeot can't get the bits that hold it in place. If anyone has any spares could you either get a pic or send me some!

Rik

Does anyone know if you can still get the rivets that fit in the doors?

When taking my trim off some were damaged!

Rik

Edp

Yeah you can get these from Autofive although what with there prices you might be better off going to peugeot. I was surprised at how much stuff is still available from pug when I last went in.

NO: 06/

8742 20 26 RIVET

post-3253-1166026505_thumb.gif

Edited by Edp

de Noir

AFAIK, metal clips that fit these rivets (itam A on the pic) are the real issue.

I tried to get them for my restoration project, but aren't available any more from Peugeot. ;)

So I ordered the bodyshop to remove them and smooth the surface and door protector will be fixed with 3M double-sided mounting tape.

Edited by MH_

welshpug

i have a few hundred of item A and 4 :lol:

picked up 2 carrier bags full of 205 and 309 associated bits when a parts guy mentioned he'd been sent to another dealership that was closing down to sort all the parts and keep the old obsolete stuff for himself.

I've been meaning to sort through all this for ages!

Sign in to follow this