• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavtrials

Something I Have No Come Across Before?

Gavtrials

Hey,

Just completed another later type mi16 engine(s16) transplant into the 205 and she fired up first turn of the key but when i went to drive her thats when i got stumped as it started running crazy rough and poping and flames outa exhaust until it cut out!

Well after a bit of head scratching i noticed that there was a spark cuming from the ecu to the engine block on the side as thats where the ecu is mounted on this conversion(i will move it inside the car once i get a longer hose that go's from the inlet to the ecu), i held the ecu against the side of the block(thermo houseing) and suddenly idle is bang on 1000 revs and running sweet, wedged a screwdriver between the ecu and the battery to make the ecu stay conected to the block and took for a spin, ran perfect and drives amazing!

As soon as i take the ecu off the block it does all kinds of strange things so whats going on here?

I put an earth cable from the ecu to an earth mounting point but that didn't make a difference but put a cable from the ecu to the block and its sorted? so any ideas?

Richie-Van-GTi

try putting an earth strap from the block to the chassis, sounds like your missing the one from gearbox to chassis.

Sign in to follow this