• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CTI STU

Cti Speakers, Help Needed

CTI STU

Where can I put some rear speakers in my Cti? Is the parcel shelf the only place? The roof will cover them when its down and I did'nt really want to cut holes in it either :D

Guest BrainFluid

Well you could,

A: Remove the rear door cards, use them as a templates on some thin ply-wood, cut out some speaker holes and cover the ply with suitable fabric, attach speakers and fit to the car, or...

B: Make a new back shelf out of ply or MDF and cover that with suitiable fabric and put your speakers in that.

Theres no point in using the current parcel shelf because its not really sturdy enough to get the best sounds out of your speaker by all accouts.

Hth mate.

steve@cornwall
Well you could,

A: Remove the rear door cards, use them as a templates on some thin ply-wood, cut out some speaker holes and cover the ply with suitable fabric, attach speakers and fit to the car, or...

B: Make a new back shelf out of ply or MDF and cover that with suitiable fabric and put your speakers in that.

Theres no point in using the current parcel shelf because its not really sturdy enough to get the best sounds out of your speaker by all accouts.

Hth mate.

Even a 6" speaker will need the surround modified to fit the rear cards- due to clearing the winder they need to be positioned right at the back of the card, and the wheel arch then gets in the way.......Don't bother fitting speakers to the parcel shelf- totally muffled by a folded hood. 6X 9s are too heavy for the shelf anyway!

My thoughts so far are to fit rear headrest fittings to the rear seats but use their frames for a custom speaker pod, I reckon that by using an adjustable rest from a 405, you could pull forward to drop hood, and then push them back for rear passengers. It's just low on my list of priorities, so not tried yet.

You would need to fabricate support brackets for an mdf shelf, too as the cti shelf is supported by tissue

Edited by steve@cornwall

Phil H

I found that rear speakers are a waste of time in the CTI with all the wind noise.

Just have a powerful amp to do a sub and to power some good quality components in the front.

CTI STU
I found that rear speakers are a waste of time in the CTI with all the wind noise.

Just have a powerful amp to do a sub and to power some good quality components in the front.

I think thats what Im going to do

steve@cornwall

But that would get in the way of my coolbox,windbreak and sun-loungers :)

Sign in to follow this