• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macaroni

I Love My Xs!

Rippthrough
Cool keep us posted! That will be interesting

It might make me actually get around to buying one :ph34r:

swordfish210
It might make me actually get around to buying one :ph34r:

you should mine gave me a hell of a lot more low down and mid range torque and s**t loads more top end power then the old manifold could ever deliver, well worth the money and a doddle to fit, mine was on within an hour of delivery

Rippthrough
you should mine gave me a hell of a lot more low down and mid range torque and s**t loads more top end power then the old manifold could ever deliver, well worth the money and a doddle to fit, mine was on within an hour of delivery

Ain't a doddle on a 306!

Does anyone know if it sits any lower than the stock one at all? As I've just fitted this:

IMGP0416.jpg

Edited by Rippthrough

Jrod

I doubt it does as it bolts to the gearbox still.

It better not as I want a lower strut brace! :ph34r:

Rippthrough
I doubt it does as it bolts to the gearbox still.

It better not as I want a lower strut brace! :ph34r:

There's only a 1/4 inch of clearance to the downpipe there - so any different in that area and I'm buggered:-

IMGP0417.jpg

Edited by Rippthrough

macaroni

It should be the same as the standard manifold under the car as it bolts to the same gearbox mounting.

If you get one and it doesn't fit, I'm sure it will be easy to sell on.

Jrod - are you sure you need a lower strut brace on an xs? Or have you got a gti front subframe?

Rippthrough
It should be the same as the standard manifold under the car as it bolts to the same gearbox mounting.

If you get one and it doesn't fit, I'm sure it will be easy to sell on.

Jrod - are you sure you need a lower strut brace on an xs? Or have you got a gti front subframe?

Good news then. Be nice to see what the dyno brings up!

Jrod

I have a gti subframe, I bought sams old rallye with subframe, gti beam etc. :ph34r:

Edited by Jrod

calvinhorse
I have a gti subframe, I bought sams old rallye with subframe, gti beam etc.

how much did you give for that if you dont mind me asking?

Jrod

For the whole car 570 including 406 master cylinder, group n mounts, exhaust etc.

calvinhorse

bargain i say!

Jrod

Yer and he's about 5 minutes down the road from me!

Jrod

If anyone wants to buy a 4 branch manifold let me know!

Sam left his on the car so it's for sale

It was actually a 106 one modified to fit the 205 subframe but it works fine, it's also wrapped. Only problem is you have to modify the centre pipe slightly but I will include the one that was on his car so you can use that no problem!

110 quid buys it and the centre pipe including postage. (not the backbox though)

rallye001el5.jpg

rallye002bu0.jpg

GazRallye

Jrod im tempted but i just dont have the cash, if you still have it in a few months i'll be interested

stuart_knight6

So, with one of the CSC manifolds, does this just mount to the remainder of the standard system?

What are the reccomendations for the system on a 1.4 xs? As far as i can tell, upgrade to janspeed system and keep centre silencer? is that right?

macaroni

The CSC manifold can fit with a standard centre section or one with no centre silencer.

I think common consensus is to get a good manifold and it doesn't really matter about the rest of the system.

Some say a centre silencer helps mid-range torque and without it you gain top-end revs.

I found that nothing makes as big an improvement as the manifold and I've tried every combination going!

stuart_knight6

Are there any of these manifolds left or am i going to have to wait for another order? Why are they called CSC?

Jrod

If you want a cheaper option my modified one is for sale...

Make me an offer! :wacko:

swordfish210
So, with one of the CSC manifolds, does this just mount to the remainder of the standard system?

What are the reccomendations for the system on a 1.4 xs? As far as i can tell, upgrade to janspeed system and keep centre silencer? is that right?

yeah like macaroni said, just get that manifold and keep the rest of the system as it is, removing the center scilencer. I heard somewhere that removing the center scilencer can actually reduce power

macaroni
Are there any of these manifolds left or am i going to have to wait for another order? Why are they called CSC?

The guy who imports them did get one in stock so you don't have to wait until the next group buy. They are £177.02 + £8.50 postage. PM me if you want one.

They're called CSC because the Italian firm who make them are called CSC-Marmitte.

Sign in to follow this