• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lagonda

Got The Part Number, But What's The Part?!

lagonda

Head gasket replacement has led to me overhauling loads of things unrelated to the head, on the basis I might as well do them whilst access is easy.

Doing the gear change linkage now (set of new gear rods just arrived from Miles). Been looking through the car's history, & the above part was bought by previous owner. Rang local Peugeot dealer parts dept & they said despite description it's NOT one of the 3 rods, but something they call a "selector bar". He tried to describe it from his screen picture, but not very well.

Had a look at the parts pages on the site, but no reference to this area/part.

Anyone tell me what this is?

miamistu

How did you get that part number? was it on a receipt?

Sandy

It's the transverse one from the bellcrank (L-lever) to the gearbox.

lagonda

1/Yes, it's the number on a dealer receipt

2/ Dealer was adamant it wasn't one of the rods, are you saying it IS the long one of the three rods? That one is quite worn on my car & appears original.

I was thinking it might be the link from the gear lever to subframe which pivots on a ball fixed to the subframe, is that the one you mean? It runs parallel to the long rod (which as you say operates the bell crank) and is flat in section for much of its length.

Sandy

That part number is the one that runs from the bellcrank across to the gearbox (I repeat lol)

lagonda

Cheers, thanks for that, just wanted to be sure as Peugeot dealer partsman was adamant it wasn't one of the rods! To be fair he did say I was welcome to come in & look at the diagram.

Sign in to follow this