• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MikeHunt79

Tyre Recommendations?

MikeHunt79

Ok, my front tyres (avon zv1's) are almost down to the wear indicator, so I'm gonna need some new ones soon.

I need to run 195/45/r15's so my speedo will be more accurate and will match my back tyres - they are uniroyal rainsports which have been good.

I'm tempted to get a pair of rainsports for the front aswell, but does anyone else have any recommendations? The ZV1's were nice, so anything that's as grippy as they were will be fine. Has anyone tried nanking's, as I've seen 'em for £30 a corner. I'll happily pay more than that tho, as I don't wanna end up in a hedge. :unsure:

roland rat

goodyear eagle f1's mate.fantastic tyre!!!! :wacko::unsure:

t16ryan

over the winter i use the uniroyals as are really good and work really well in the wet, and i use avon or toyos in the summer :unsure:

Alastairh

Do a quick search. But im a F1 user and there great.

luggy

I use my car for work and Ive just put a pair of eagle F1 on the front, went by the tyre comparison guide by CW on the main website, well worth it, what a difference it makes in the wet. Ive got a pair of Pirelli P5000 drago on the rear, done nearly 25k on them and they're hardly worn will probably put them on the front for the summer.

Dino

Eagle F1s are a great road tyre but if you ever use your car on track you will find they overheat after a few laps.

Bridgestone S03s are simply the best all round tyre I have ever used and are almost as good as cut slicks on track :)

The only downside with the S03s as compared to the F1s are the ride is not as smooth and they are noisier.

Like I said it depends what you use your car for but dont buy F1s just because everyone else does :)

Alastairh

Intresting that.

I got my F1s to over heat in the summer a few times on the road.

May try them some time.

Alastair

feb
Eagle F1s are a great road tyre but if you ever use your car on track you will find they overheat after a few laps.

Same goes for the Pilot Exaltos 2 that I had. Great tyre but on the track they are like a chewing gum. I have now replaced them with Bridgestones RE720 which have stiffer sidewalls. The ride is more bumpy, steering feel is better but the rear end comes out more easily than before still being progressive though.

Ahl

Just don't buy Toyos! :)

Daxed

Dino, do they make the S03 in 185 60 14 to suit a 1.6?

Doof

Would F1's last a lap of the Nurburgring before killing themselves? Can obviously wait for them to cool after a single lap.

Saying that I dont expect to be pushing mega hard as it'll be my first time there.

t16ryan
Just don't buy Toyos! :)

Whats wrong with toyos ? i cant fault them for fast road driving even on the track they are good

28CRAIG
Whats wrong with toyos ? i cant fault them for fast road driving even on the track they are good

I found that the toyo T1R was just sh*t not tried the T1S have been told there alot better.

Uniroyal rainsport are good in dry and very good in wet lots of grip. :):)

Pirelli P5000 drago are o.k if you want a long lasting tyre and still more grip than the T1S.

karlos72

I have Jupiters on the back of mine.

Not sure if they're from Jupiter or not...but they seem to work fine.

MikeHunt79

Thanks guys. I doubt my turbo derv will be seeing much track action really... unless I get a taxi sign for it. :lol: Many of my miles will be in the wet, as I mainly use the car when it's too wet to use the bike, which has been quite a lot lately. ;)

This means I'm really tempted to go for the F1's. Apart from the overheating thing, everyone has only had good things to say about 'em. They're not too pricey either... my mind pretty much made up. If I was to have F1's on the front and rainsports on the back, I guess understeer would be a lot less likely. :)

Edited by MikeHunt79

rich_w
I found that the toyo T1R was just sh*t not tried the T1S have been told there alot better.

Uniroyal rainsport are good in dry and very good in wet lots of grip. ;):lol:

Pirelli P5000 drago are o.k if you want a long lasting tyre and still more grip than the T1S.

I currently have T1-R's on my 309 and i'm very happy with, was very happy with the T-1S's. Tyre pressure makes a LOT of difference with the toyos.

Ahl

They aren't in my experience, not compared to Eagle F1's.

I've had both T1-S and T1-R's. I definitely wouldn't bother again. They aren't crap tyres, but they are quite inferior when you compare them to the best.

Sign in to follow this