• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest doggybs

Checking Resistance On Afm

Guest doggybs

Hi All,

I'm trying to work out if my AFM is broken. Does anyone know what the internal resistances should be?

On my one (off a 1.9, but now on MI16) the Resistance which when meter closed is 415 Ohms. When I turn it 45 degress it now reads 800 Ohms. From then on the resistance goes down pregressively untill about 300 Ohms when it is fully open.

Now, Am i right in thinks that it should always start off a the higher resistance and then decress as the meter opens, if so, then is this one buggered as it starts off low, then goes high, and then low again.

I also have infront of my an AFM off an 1.6, which is a different model and as you would expect have a different resistance. Well this one starts off at 175 Ohms and smoothly goes down to only 12ohms when fully open. So would you agree this you looks good.

Does any else have a 1.9 AFM and happen to know what the resistances should be??

Thanks

James

pug_ham

Its all in the Haynes manual for the 205 & has been posted on here before so a search could bring up the results.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this