• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest srack

1.9 Injectors - Black Vs Yellow - What Are The Differents?

Guest srack

again, some weird question of mine

since i own 4 yellow injectors which is probably leaks.

and i have 4 black injectors came from 1900 engine

what are the differents between them?

those are both bosch. came originaly from the 1900 engine

are there any different? is something better between the two?

miamistu

They will have different flow rates. You can find information on them by googling the number on the side of the injector or by looking them up in smckeown's link: Injector Flowrates

Guest srack

why should they have different flow rates? if they come from the same car? + same engine

cheers.

miamistu

Well different colour injector suggests different flowrate. Standard colour is yellow - dunno why blacks were on there. :)

Guest srack

hi mate. thanks for the reply

i've checked the site you gave me. the black injectors were till 1990 on the 205gti 1900, bosch part num ends with 150 734 i think.

200CC, 40hp for etc injector.

the yellow one is 215cc, originaly mi16, started on 205gti since 1991, so its little bit more powerfull. i dunno if it will make any diff, since a 1900 engine has no more than 130hp to the wheel (st'). but still, i'll seek for the yellow once.

cheers.

hafslund
hi mate. thanks for the reply

i've checked the site you gave me. the black injectors were till 1990 on the 205gti 1900, bosch part num ends with 150 734 i think.

200CC, 40hp for etc injector.

the yellow one is 215cc, originaly mi16, started on 205gti since 1991, so its little bit more powerfull. i dunno if it will make any diff, since a 1900 engine has no more than 130hp to the wheel (st'). but still, i'll seek for the yellow once.

cheers.

I have never seen a 1900 GTi with black injectors.

A part of me suspects that the info you reffered to above is wrong.

I've seen quite alot of 205 GTi's and can not think of one with black injectors.

The black injectors came on the 2l engine from 405, 605 etc

t16ryan

me too never seen black 1900 injectors on a 1900 205 even on the early ones ? :)

Miles

The 306's 8v XSi's run black injectors, I;ve seen a set on ebay with the normal write up of a 125bhp increase in power, LOL

Guest Ray205S16
me too never seen black 1900 injectors on a 1900 205 even on the early ones ? :rolleyes:

Black injectors are on a 205 CTI

grtz, Raymond

t16ryan

Never seen them on any CTis either ? :rolleyes:

Hilgie

The black injectors came in the 1.9 DFZ (105bhp) engine. So all 1.9 CTis have them. So does the 205 Gentry (also DFZ engine) and the rare 1.9 Rallye.

pug_ham

These cars aren't UK spec, the member asking is from Isreal which that might be why some of us haven't seen a GTi or CTi with black injectors.

Graham.

t16ryan

aaahh that would explain, thought i was going mad :)

Hilgie

Which injectors are used in the UK 1.9 CTis ? Does it have the 105 bhp DFZ engine?

pug_ham
Which injectors are used in the UK 1.9 CTis ? Does it have the 105 bhp DFZ engine?
The later 1.9 CTi's have the DFZ engine but I've never looked at one closely enough to notice & remember what colour the injectors were. :)

Graham.

im sure they are a browny colour

Guest srack

black injectors for 205gti came on the early models till 1990. well, maybe not over u.k

engine code is still the 130hp.

injectors number is 0280150734

i've checked it over http://apps.bosch.com.au/products/saa/efi_...orservparts.pdf

you can check 205gti 1900 over there. you'll see 2 diff of injectors. the 734 and the 762.

762 are yellow

734 are black

both originaly came from volvo 240 (yellow and black)

black is 200cc

yellow is 215cc

im now with the black injectors. i do not feel any different once or ever.

jackherer

I once bought an Mi16 engine that had black injectors, despite ALL other UK spec engines I've ever seen having yellow ones. I googled the part number and found them listed as Volvo, so I removed them and put yellows on.

Guest srack

yellow are originaly volvo's as well. came from the 740, and 840 (also late 240).

the diff is 15cc etc. the yellow are 215, black are 200. i do not feel any diff on the driving.

jackherer

if they are rated at a lower CC then it WILL be running a bit lean. I would imagine the injectors are matched to the ECUs and/or AFMs so if you run a mismatched combination the fuelling will be wrong.

can you take it to a rolling road to check the fuelling?

Guest srack

there's no different on the ride. car drives the same.

im basing on the regular assume of 200cc can handle up to 40hp, if the car has 130 (to the crack) when new (+open filter behind the light +fuel pressure regulator on 3.7bar and the bxgti throttle ) we might get 131hp!

so, 4X40 can handle 60.

i just wonder that, if the car went over 0.4% on the co test, with the yellow injectors, how that goes? the injectors receive a signal based on ohm resistance? so if they get 0.5ohm on max of 1, the yellow open half, which is 107.5 and the black will open 100? that mean that the car will have less co on the test, but unfortunaly, the rpm is now sitting over 1000rev. while with the yellow it went on 800~-900~

can it be that the black enters MORE fuel then the yellow did on the same afm and settings?!?!?! will it mean that the co will go higher?

tomorrow i might enter it to the euro4 machine to measure.

i'll info about fuelling soon. will need to gas it up.

as mentiod. no bad feeling is getting from those injectors. drives the same, if not better.

cheers.

Hilgie

I had a closer look at the flowrates today and it appeared that the yellow 762 injectors are listed 215cc/min @ 3bar and the black ones are listed 200cc/min @ 2.5 bar!! So in fact they are a bit bigger than the yellow ones if you run then at 3 bar.

jackherer

Hilgie: Unfortunately I don't think srack cares seeing as he sold them three days ago on ebay for £80 by claiming they give a 15bhp increase proved on a rolling road.

srack: If it is someone else in Israel selling black injectors on ebay then I apologise, but if it is you then you need to realise that is very uncool behaviour and the internet has a habit of catching people out, kinda like karma...

Dream Weaver

I use the black injectors and they seem to run fine on mine without leaning out etc.

I tried some higher flowing Saab Reds and it wouldn't run right without mapping, so went back to the black ones.

Sign in to follow this