• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
neil88

266 Brakes Caliper Size

neil88

Hi i want to fit bigger brakes to my rally car (1.9 hubs with 14 inch compomotive mo5 wheels) and want to know which 266 brake calipers are people are using as the bosh calipers on a 206 hdi are very close

Anthony

Most people I suspect will be using the Lucas calipers from 306 XSi/S16 as that's the most common source for straight-swap 266mm brakes.

Early 306 XSi's came on 14" steelies from memory and the brakes must have cleared these fine, so I'd imagine you shouldn't have any issues with your MO's which - if anything like my 15" ones - have good caliper clearance.

pug_ham
Early 306 XSi's came on 14" steelies from memory

AFAIK early XU10 8v XSi's came with 247mm brakes, the same as the 205. Only the S16 had 266mm until the phase 2 306 XSi 16v started production & they were also fitted to the 306 hdi d turbo.

This topic has more information about them also but brakeworld lists three 306 models with 266mm discs.

306 1.8 16V, 306 2.0 S16 16V & 306 2.0TD HDI.

Graham.

neil88

thanks for the info but it doesn't say anywhere which calipers give the most clearance

roland rat
thanks for the info but it doesn't say anywhere which calipers give the most clearance

ive got a set of 266mm callipers from a 307 here mate i no longer need.if you want your more than welcome to try them on your car to see how much clearance you get!

ashley

Anthony
AFAIK early XU10 8v XSi's came with 247mm brakes, the same as the 205. Only the S16 had 266mm until the phase 2 306 XSi 16v started production & they were also fitted to the 306 hdi d turbo.

All the Phase 1 306 XSi's I've seen have had 266mm brakes with identical calipers to the S16's

pug_ham
All the Phase 1 306 XSi's I've seen have had 266mm brakes with identical calipers to the S16's

Must be a luck of the draw then because the two or three I've seen all had 247mm discs on afaik.

What does the parts CD say for the 306 phase 1 XSi?

Graham.

pug_ham
266 under both bits for XU10J2.

OK, looking on brakepart it has them showing as 266mm & 283mm for the S16. ;)

Graham.

Sign in to follow this