• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steige

Bonnet Catch

steige

Does anybody know where I can buy a new bonnet catch. The part that bolts to the slam panel. The one I have is rotten. I've been to my local Peugeot parts depo and they said they are no longer available. Any help greatly appreciated.

smighall

Scrappy, or somebody off here?

taylorspug

Try and find one in the scrappy that is covered in grease and crap, usually this protects it from rotting out and with a bit of a clean up they are perfect again. :)

Guest R3GG

It's probably easier to get a whole new slam panel with the catch isn't it?

(edit: ebay link removed)

Edited by jackherer

steige
It's probably easier to get a whole new slam panel with the catch isn't it?

(edit: ebay link removed)

Possibly but I have a brand new slam panel already and it just seems a shame to re-fit the rusty old catch. I might just need to attack it with the grinder/sandpaper!!

Edp
Does anybody know where I can buy a new bonnet catch. The part that bolts to the slam panel. The one I have is rotten. I've been to my local Peugeot parts depo and they said they are no longer available. Any help greatly appreciated.

Your dealer is talking bollocks. That part is still available on back order.

Ed

steige
Your dealer is talking bollocks. That part is still available on back order.

Ed

Really! I'm surprised by that as they have been nothing but helpful with everything else i required. Maybe i'll check somewhere else.

Kev-G

Burnside Motors in Leven will def. have.

For something closer, try the little scrappy on William Street (I think) - Just before the Traffic Lights which take you out past Curtis/MFI/Simpson Motors if you take a right.

None laying around the garage or up by the panels/windscreens?

steige
Burnside Motors in Leven will def. have.

For something closer, try the little scrappy on William Street (I think) - Just before the Traffic Lights which take you out past Curtis/MFI/Simpson Motors if you take a right.

None laying around the garage or up by the panels/windscreens?

Ok cheers Kev i'll go and take a look. Got all the fuel lines run inside the car today and wiring for the battery. Ready for the engine now. Think Graeme might be available for sunday! Are you through? How's the 306 ??

Edited by steige

Guest BrainFluid

Peugeot have a reputation for having well naff parts departments. If you can find the same part on a citroen go to a citroen dealer, they treat people so much better and often have free coffe too ;)

Sign in to follow this