• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
John_B

Pug No Longer Making Breather Hose

John_B

My recurring nightmare (a.k.a. A Peugeot 205) this month continues. I've tried to order the three main breather hoses from pug but they say that they don't make the one I've circled below any more. It's for an Mi. The Pug number is 118046 does anyone know the Citroen number?

Breather2.jpg

welshpug

citroen use the same part number, and also the same warehouse...

still a good idea to try them though, a number may have been removed from peugeot's parts database or pricing database but if its still on citoen's systems you might still be able to get hold of it.

IIRC Miles was looking into some breather hoses for the Mi16, I dont know if any of those would be suitable.

John_B

Ah, the numbers are the same- I thought that would have been too simple!

I was hoping to get a set of hoses from Miles but I need them desperately and I don't think they're ready yet.

The car has been off the road for two weeks, first the alternator then the starter. After getting a day where it wasn't absolutely peeing down I got the starter done then found the filler pipe was knackered. I spent ages finding, cleaning, fitting and bodging a spare pipe I had- took it out on a tame test drive and the bloody thing had split right open. Lucky I didn't lose all the oil I suppose. B)

So I really need to get it back on the road quickly before I torch it, I seem to have had problem after problem this month and I'm getting worried that I've sailed past the £4k barrier and I'm still catching the bus :blush::lol::blink:

welshpug

best try citroen then B)

Wildebeest

I'll have a look in our group "obsolete" stocks tomorrow. Will let you know how I get on. Part number is 118046 yeah?

John_B

Yeah that's right, thanks.

Super Josh

I've just looked in the obsolete stock for my local dealer. Unfortunately, that one isn't listed :( . The only hose that they have is item 4, in your diagram, from the bottom of the oil filler to the sump. Part number 118059, list price £39.07, but I should be able to get it alot cheaper :)

Could you not just use a length of generic hose from a motor factors, possibly from another car, to get you out of trouble until you can find something more suitable?

Josh

Grim.Badger

Could you not use the 8v version, part number 1180 58?

2F11C51A.gif

seems to be the same, or at least similar enough to work

Guest srack

i bought it , new, 2 weeks ago, costed me 9.50gbp

original peugeot from the dealer!!

contact me. shipping to u.k should be 6gbp

new on bag. had the same problem like you. and we have this hose over israel

Wildebeest

I had no joy with that one, sorry, not even in the depths of our £3M of obsolete parts. :)

Guest srack
I had no joy with that one, sorry, not even in the depths of our £3M of obsolete parts. :)

i've replaced mine a month ago, since it was cracked at the carter's connection.

i will go to the dealer on monday to check how much left, will also see for the other hoses mentiod.

prices will be added then.

p.s that hose costed me 74nis, which is approx 9gbp (1gbp = 8.2nis) convert it for ~ price.

sorr
i've replaced mine a month ago, since it was cracked at the carter's connection.

i will go to the dealer on monday to check how much left, will also see for the other hoses mentiod.

prices will be added then.

p.s that hose costed me 74nis, which is approx 9gbp (1gbp = 8.2nis) convert it for ~ price.

That would be great if you can get them. Many thanks.

John_B

OK thanks everyone for the help, especially those who looked to see if they had one.

Who do you work for then and how have you got £3M in obsolete parts!?

I've ordered the one for the 8V and paid extra to get it for tomorrow, I bloody hope it fits! I'll let you know. I phoned around all my local peugeot and citroen dealers and none of them could get them- it's an old engine now I suppose and not that many were made anyway?

welshpug

330'000 205gti's were made...

so that doesnt count all the 8v bx gti's, visa gti's or 309's that used the same hose....

John_B

I meant Mi16 engines compared to 8Vs which, as you say were in everything.

Wildebeest
OK thanks everyone for the help, especially those who looked to see if they had one.

Who do you work for then and how have you got £3M in obsolete parts!?

I've ordered the one for the 8V and paid extra to get it for tomorrow, I bloody hope it fits! I'll let you know. I phoned around all my local peugeot and citroen dealers and none of them could get them- it's an old engine now I suppose and not that many were made anyway?

I work for the dealer group that runs the 40 or so wholly owned Peugeot dealers - Robins and Day.

Sign in to follow this