• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ashnicholls

Whats Wrong With My Car ?

Guest ashnicholls

As alot of you know, I finished and fitted my engine a few months back now.

Had it rolling roaded, and produced good power.

Had alot of problems every since.

Such as oil leaks. Water leaks.

Main concern I have at the moment is that I am collecting alot of water in my catch tank. And losing abit from my header tank.

But the oil that leaks, is not creamy. Nor is the oil on the dipstick.

And my first oil change, 500mile, the oil was not creamy.

I also have no cream in my header tank.

Is all this water just condensation, because my car is parked on a wet sand/gravel drive?

And is the water being lost from header, just evaporating out of the cap?

I also have a loud rattle inside the car at 1200-1500rpm. It can only be heard in the car, and not in the engine bay.

I have an uprated lower engine mount, and a Magnex System, is it just the exhaust hitting the subframe/bulkhead?

I am getting abit of oil leaking out around my dizzy. But there is no seal between the water housing and dizzy is there?

Also if I let the revs drop back to idle from say above 2000rpm, the car stalls, is this just because of the lightened fly, or is it a problem with the carbs, because the idle does vary alot.

And just to cap it all off, my alarm/central locking keeps blowing its fuse.

Cheers Ash

taylorspug
As alot of you know, I finished and fitted my engine a few months back now.

Had it rolling roaded, and produced good power.

Had alot of problems every since.

Such as oil leaks. Water leaks.

Main concern I have at the moment is that I am collecting alot of water in my catch tank. And losing abit from my header tank.

But the oil that leaks, is not creamy. Nor is the oil on the dipstick.

And my first oil change, 500mile, the oil was not creamy.

I also have no cream in my header tank.

Is all this water just condensation, because my car is parked on a wet sand/gravel drive?

And is the water being lost from header, just evaporating out of the cap?

I also have a loud rattle inside the car at 1200-1500rpm. It can only be heard in the car, and not in the engine bay.

I have an uprated lower engine mount, and a Magnex System, is it just the exhaust hitting the subframe/bulkhead?

I am getting abit of oil leaking out around my dizzy. But there is no seal between the water housing and dizzy is there?

Also if I let the revs drop back to idle from say above 2000rpm, the car stalls, is this just because of the lightened fly, or is it a problem with the carbs, because the idle does vary alot.

And just to cap it all off, my alarm/central locking keeps blowing its fuse.

Cheers Ash

How much water are you losing from the header tank? My car uses a small amount (i top it up maybe once every 2 months with around 1 pint of water), if its this sort of amount i wouldnt get too stressed. Ive also found water comes out of my header tank vent under hard cornering, so this is something worth thinking about.

Uprated engine mounts will transmit alot more vibration into the cabin than standard mounts. Maybe it is the exhaust, best thing would be to get under the car and get someone to rev it for you and check, you will soon see! :blink::lol:

The dizzy does have an oil seal between it and the head, so strip it down and get a new seal, then clean everything, ensure no dirt/corrosion are on the mating surfaces then re-fit.

Dont know about the stalling?

The alarm/central locking isnt really for this section but if it does it all the time look for a short circuit or a jammed/seized central locking motor. If it only does it occasionally, maybe the fuse isnt rated high enough, try a higher amp item.

Really all this is an easy days work, get it all sorted so you can enjoy the car! :rolleyes:

Guest ashnicholls

Wish I could, but why am I getting so much water in my catch tank, bout 1/2 - 1 cup full of water.

Yes but is not the mounting vibrations, as it vibrated bad at first, and then got better as the mount softened then this other vibration started.

Cheers Ash

Guest ashnicholls

And when you say dizzy seal, do you mean the "o" ring that goes round the dizzy, as it goes into the water houing, or are you talking about the seal between the water housing and the head?

Cheers

Guest ashnicholls

So how much water do people get in there catcha tanks?

Cheers

Sign in to follow this