• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-hysteria

306 2.0 8v Losing Spark After About 30mins

gti-hysteria

my newly perchased 306 cabriolet keeps cutting out after about 30mins of driving or idling, it then takes about 45mins untill it will restart. its defently losing its spark as iv checked, iv changed a crank sensor and ignition coil, but still no joy

any ideas guys??

Anthony

Does it also lose injection, or is it only spark?

gti-hysteria

not sure yet about injection, will test it 2mo. it has a stupid clifford alarm so it could possibly be this imboilising part of the system. really annoying tho

Anthony

Check whether it's squirting fuel or not, and whether when it loses spark you still have a 12v feed to the coilpack or not. From that it should be possible to narrow it down significantly :)

gti-hysteria

ok thanks anthony, i will have to check these 2morrow.

RHULPUG

Have you checked the idle control valve? Before I bought mine (already sold it) the previous owner described similar problems and had that replaced. Secondly, is it overheating? Sounds like you're also flooding the engine.

Henry Yorke

Ignition module on the way out?

Guest LCR

thats sounds like coilpack failure does it start misfiring then get progresively worse until it stops.

gti-hysteria

problem solved in the end it was the fiuel pump relay was getting hot and not working, ignition runs through the fuel pump relay aswell thats y it was loosing spark

Sign in to follow this