• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kutija

Mi16/s16-t16

kutija

Hi.

I want to make Xu10j4te out of xu10j4.

I have spare t16 pistons and rods and actually everything else.

I'm planning to just change the pistons and use xu10j4 crankshaft and rods.

Xu10j4 is also 86 mm stroke like Xu10j4te so would i get the same spec regarding compression(piston to deck height when bolting on t16 pistons on mi16/s16 rods and crankshaft?

jonand

Cant answer your question I'm afraid, but aren't the turbo rods a press fit with the S16 rods being fully floating ? - if so you would need to drill and bush the turbo rods. I know this is the case with 8v turbo rods.

Regards

Jon

B1ack_Mi16
Cant answer your question I'm afraid, but aren't the turbo rods a press fit with the S16 rods being fully floating ? - if so you would need to drill and bush the turbo rods. I know this is the case with 8v turbo rods.

Regards

Jon

T16 rods are fully flotating with 23mm pins.

Hi.

I want to make Xu10j4te out of xu10j4.

I have spare t16 pistons and rods and actually everything else.

I'm planning to just change the pistons and use xu10j4 crankshaft and rods.

Xu10j4 is also 86 mm stroke like Xu10j4te so would i get the same spec regarding compression(piston to deck height when bolting on t16 pistons on mi16/s16 rods and crankshaft?

All I did in my conversion was put the T16 pistons on S16 rods. This drops the pistons about 1 mm down the bore. I am running 28psi on pump gas and so far (2 years later) only turbo seals have gone.

Sign in to follow this