• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti_al

Subframe Bolts

gti_al

I noticed that one of my front (near the strut) subframe bolts is missing... Can anyone tell me if they are the same length as the ones that go through the floor into the footwell? I have spares of those, but it doesn't feel like it want to go in fully...

I suspect the captive nut there is... a bit f*cked. If so, does replacing it involve cutting the inner wing, or is there another way.

I have done a brief search on these things, but i am stuck using my computer at work and it is painfully slow.

Any help would be appreciated. :unsure:

gti_al

Thanks graham. I tried again and it fitted fine... i didn't really want to force it before and screw up the nut.

James_m

If you are talking about the bolts at the back of the subframe which i assume you are, they are definetly different, but if what you have used has torqued up ok, im guessing it should be fine.

pug_ham
If you are talking about the bolts at the back of the subframe

I think Al was talking about the one in the arch that bolts through the front mount of the subframe into the chassis leg but he has used one of the bolts from the back in its place ok.

Graham.

gti_al
I think Al was talking about the one in the arch that bolts through the front mount of the subframe into the chassis leg but he has used one of the bolts from the back in its place ok.

Graham.

Yep. I couldn't see how you could replace the captive nut, so i was a bit worried about damaging it... It went in fine though, so i'll just try to leave it alone.

Toddy

The front bolt is shorter but the same size thread

The captive nuts are easily replaced.

1) Insert bolt a few threads into the captive nut.

2) Tap bolt gently with a hammer to dislodge captive nut, remove bolt.

3) The captive nut should be be able to be extracted through the rectangle hole next to where the bolt is originallt inserted.

4) Peugeot supply the captive nuts in a pack of five for around £5.

Guest rick03054

How do you get a new one in and make it stay in place while you put a bolt in it?

Sign in to follow this