• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Replacing The Side Rear Window Fixings

Atari Boy

Can anyone help?

Is it possible to relace the fixing studs of the rear side windows?

I have just bought a 205 with a mixture of very faided gray or red studs (the car is red) and all I can find on eBay are whole windows and they all seem to mave the faided problem too.

Any ideas?

sonofsam

Are you talking about the rear quarter windows?Why not just remove them studs, give em a rub down a repaint them .The studs do come out of the windows and are screwed in from the inside if I remember correctly:)

Irish Al

Aye, take the one off the window first, then the ones on the pillar. Easy job with a star head screwdriver.

Al

sonofsam

Yeah but you may need a extra pair of hands to support the window as you unbolt it from the inside :)

Atari Boy

Thanks chaps, I have not inspected them properly.

I will get on it.

welshpug
Yeah but you may need a extra pair of hands to support the window as you unbolt it from the inside :unsure:

open the boot and door window! works unless you have wee man proportions..

Irish Al
Yeah but you may need a extra pair of hands to support the window as you unbolt it from the inside :unsure:

Probably with the seat in. I did mine when all seats were out and had the front door open.

richard

its easy to do by yourself.

door open, undo the single one first, then loosed the 2 by the B pillar. Then stand outside the car, lean into the window and undo the 2 B pillar side screws.

Job done. Fitting is the reversal of fitting, just a bit more fiddly.

Sign in to follow this