• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sorr

Hissing Master Cylinder

sorr

Hello,

Does a hissing master cyclinder when the brake pedal is pressed (with teh engine off) indicate a broken master cyclinder?

Thanks in advance.

richsmells

it's the servo that hisses. Mine does every now and again, the pedal firms up with the engine off if i press it a couple of times. Brakes are normal really. Could do with a bleed as theres a bit of spongyness but i think the servo is a bit old.

Does the pedal gradually sink to the floor if you apply firm pressure? If so the piston seal in the MC has probably worn.

Edited by richsmells

sorr
Does the pedal gradually sink to the floor if you apply firm pressure? If so the piston seal in the MC has probably worn.

No pedal stays firm so is probably alright. Tried comparing it to my other car, which does not seem to hiss hence why I thought there may be a problem, but this could be due to fact that it is fully enclosed behing a false bulkhead.

welshpug

my goodwood hisses when I hit the brakes but only with the engine on, and it loses pressure as soon as its off so I guess thats an air leak somewhere.

dommorton

A hissing servo means you aren't getting full assitance and it should be changed.

Sign in to follow this