• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bam

@turbodrivers Urgently

Bam

hi,

i'm not sure wich tube i have to connect to "3 way boostcontroler" (little brown connector with 3 tubes)

2.0 8v turbo xu10j2te

on comes from wastgate (is connected -clear)

on goes to pressure side (wich one???)

on goes to intake stroke (long tube???)

;)

cheers mik

johnrobertgordon

Mine only has the two tubes, one is blocked off. I was wondering where it was supposed to go.

sonofsam

The exit closest to the electrical plug goes to the air intake to the turbo, on the other side goes to the wastegate actuator, the third exit on top of the valve goes I beleive goes into EGR ( exhaust gas recirculation ) then onto the throttle body , most people take of the third exit and block ports accordingly:)That how mine was set up anyhow before it broke so I replaced it with a MBC.

Bam

hi,

i mean that piece (red circle)

:)

post-8663-1164281823_thumb.jpg

sonofsam

Yes so did I ~ Boost regulator solenoid.

tom_m

the middle tube on mine went to the solid boost pipe running next to the rocker cover. i can't remember where the third pipe went sorry

veloce200
hi,

i'm not sure wich tube i have to connect to "3 way boostcontroler" (little brown connector with 3 tubes)

2.0 8v turbo xu10j2te

on comes from wastgate (is connected -clear)

on goes to pressure side (wich one???)

on goes to intake stroke (long tube???)

:)

cheers mik

if it's wrong you will either have base boost only or massive overboost if it's anything like my old coupe.

Bam

@sam

>Boost regulator solenoid.

^_^

...but where i have to connect the tubes?

longest one = wastegate...

exit closest (smallest/shortest tube?) = turbo intake?

3rd tube (middle = pressureside?!

i'm not sure... :)

@veloce

i know therfore the question

(but i have a boost gauge)

what happens..if i exchange the tubes...but doesnt connect the connector?

mik

Edited by Bam

sonofsam

Yes thats what it is called :) and there not 100% reliable either!It has no connection to any 'boost pipes'

ghfghh-1.jpg

One side comes from the wastegate actuator, other side to air intake of turbo ( Black plastic pipe in shot )

Third exit on top ( I think ) usually goes to a canister? then onto throttle body wich is usually not used in this conversion.

inferno

plug side pipe goes to the actuator, the pipe coming out the bottom goes to the boost side , theres a nipple on the compresser housing or solid boost pipe from turbo, and the remaining is a vent to atmoshpere, ie normaly goes back in the intake before the throttle body and after the filter. vent this to atmosphere though as its just fumes ect.

^^^ is the correct configeration!!

Edited by inferno

sonofsam

Here is a nice up-close picture.If someone wishes to draw some arrows on it for future searches be my guest:D

post-6977-1164312051_thumb.jpg

Made by Eaton no less.

inferno

2qncop2.jpg

This is how mines always been, and the engine i pulled from an xm last week is also the same, i always keep the pipes attachted so as not to connect them wrong myself :)

any other way and youll have problems i should think!

Edited by inferno

tom_m
It has no connection to any 'boost pipes'

it must have a boost signal sam, otherwise the waste gate will never open and you'll have infinite boost

plug side pipe goes to the actuator, the pipe coming out the bottom goes to the boost side , theres a nipple on the compresser housing or solid boost pipe from turbo, and the remaining is a vent to atmoshpere, ie normaly goes back in the intake before the throttle body and after the filter. vent this to atmosphere though as its just fumes ect.

^^^ is the correct configeration!!

fumes? what do you think comes out of the turbo? it'll be nothing but filtered compressed air!

inferno

yep and where does the cruddy oilly air go from the breather system further up the intake?!

sonofsam

Sorry Chaps, seems I had my tubes completely tied up their ;)

inferno

yep lol... im sure the eratic overboost was fun though while it lasted:P

Bam

thanks guys!

turbo phase 2...300bhp monster...is running... (in diagnostic mode) :)

in idle mod...feels like a mi16 with cams :D

engine accerlates cleanly...no cough,spitting,shaking....but in idle mod... :(

so i need some ideas to read out the error memory :)

i've checked all!also...resistance sparkplugconnector

mik ^_^

Edited by Bam

veloce200

anyone know the part number of the boost valve - i will be needing one for my forthcoming turbo conversion

thanks

sonofsam

Not at the moment, but may do soon as I need to score a new one ( maybe ) lol

On the casing it says: EATON Monaco 9602. But I know of atleast four people included myself who have had trouble with these!

Im still unsure as to wheather it has a stepper motor & solenoid. Stepper motor would be good as adjust's the boost levels according to revs giving nice smooth torque curve.Solenoid part is just to cut boost @ 1bar in conjuction with MAP sensor and ECU I beleive.

In all honesty I can't feel the difference using my uprated ceramic ball and spring mechanical boost controller.

veloce200
Not at the moment, but may do soon as I need to score a new one ( maybe ) lol

On the casing it says: EATON Monaco 9602. But I know of atleast four people included myself who have had trouble with these!

Im still unsure as to wheather it has a stepper motor & solenoid. Stepper motor would be good as adjust's the boost levels according to revs giving nice smooth torque curve.Solenoid part is just to cut boost @ 1bar in conjuction with MAP sensor and ECU I beleive.

In all honesty I can't feel the difference using my uprated ceramic ball and spring mechanical boost controller.

they are solenoid - they are cycled on and off like idle valve to give ecu exact control of boost. if they are rubbish i will look elsewhere - fiat coupe 16v turbo ones are good. mine had done 100000 miles and was working fine when sold

sonofsam

That would make sense , after a bit of research it would seem mine was stuck, giving 100% duty cycle?

veloce200
That would make sense , after a bit of research it would seem mine was stuck, giving 100% duty cycle?

probably depends where it stuck. if it's same as most then if you disconnect them (electrics not pipes) normally you lose boost. eg if base boost at actuator was say .5 bar ECU would flutter the signal up to 1 bar. disconnect it and you can only get .5 bar. it's this way round for safety! try soaking it in wd40 overnight - loads of crud will probably come out ! i've fixed one before like this.

sonofsam

Thanks Julian, will give that a go! and plumb it in correctly this time :rolleyes:

sonofsam

Well back to topic, and to confuse myself some more, just found this picture of when my engine was delivered:

post-6977-1165092743_thumb.jpg

I of course left the pipes attached as I found them for when refitting, and the valve was working, set up like that.. with the cut pipe blanked.

;)

inferno

ive double checked mine from delivery, the diagram i added text to is correct for my engine. your engines an RGX though isnt it? slight differences in pipe work means maybe your one goes backward?!

eitherway the boost pressure pipe is missing in your picture, so you control wont be working as it wont be closing actuator with boost. AFAIK there solanoid switches, if your clever you can hard wire them to a switch and add a bleed valve for high and low boost!! sam can u run a low pressure airline through your solaniod and check flow of air in on and off conditions? in unplugged condition for safety, boost should flow to the air intake side allowing wastegate to open. in closed/active condition, boost should flow to actuator to hold it shut.

edit... if your boost circuits not makeing the actuator, and your still running high boost the actuator could be damaged/would out too long... iirc factory setup would b to open gate at 7psi, so run a 7psi arline to the actuator and adjust until correctly operating.

i normaly wind it and test it, screw measuring it ;)

Edited by inferno

Sign in to follow this