• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CTI STU

What Tyre Size?

CTI STU

Im probley opening a can of worms here!!

Im looking for a set of tyres for my 1.9 alloys that Im going to put on my CTI which Im hoping to lower either 35 or 60mm

Im after some cheap ish as im on a tight budget

So what do you think??

taylorspug

195/50/15's will be your best bet if you are on a tight budget. Their popularity means they are reasonably cheap, prices starting from around £30 on mytyres.co.uk for a reasonable brand. If you were going to lower 60mm, maybe also look at 195/45/15, more expensive (expect to pay at least £45 a tyre), but would probably ensure no arch clearance problems.

However i wouldnt recommend lowering the car that far as it will handle like a sack of crap. :lol:

Edited by taylorspug

Miles

Don;t forget the CTi's ride height is set for off road use so a 60mm drop is more like 35 compared to a GTi, Mine's been droped that much and is now the same height of a lowered GTI

taylorspug

Good point, previous statement retracted. :lol:

CTI STU
Don;t forget the CTi's ride height is set for off road use so a 60mm drop is more like 35 compared to a GTi, Mine's been droped that much and is now the same height of a lowered GTI

How much have you lowerd yours by? got any pics?

Sign in to follow this