• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest santos2001uk

Driveshafts

Guest santos2001uk

im looking for some, seen a few diesel 205's at the local scrappy. will these fit my 1.6 gti??

Edited by santos2001uk

sonofsam

Diesel and 1.6 GTi driveshafts are the same.

1.9 GTi driveshafts are different.

Guest santos2001uk
Diesel and 1.6 GTi driveshafts are the same.

1.9 GTi driveshafts are different.

thanks a million for that dude, appreciated.

next question, will a 306 diesel box go on the xm or could i change the internals into my 1.6 box?? ive been offered one mad cheap. il have a search too but im not hopefull

sonofsam

I take it you found This OK:D

You will need a different clutch btw for your xm turbo? if thats what I think your planning?

Guest santos2001uk
I take it you found This OK:D

You will need a different clutch btw for your xm turbo? if thats what I think your planning?

i saw that yea. so it means i can use one with another clutch? or that i cant because the 306 box because its a pull instead if a push.?? il stick to the 1.6 idea till im richer..

and yes i think il be swingin one in at the weekend if i get an engine mount in time..

Edited by santos2001uk

welshpug

doesnt matter what box you use, just use the relevan gearing.

the Pivot points for both types of clutch mechanism are in the same place so its just a case of swapping the release lever over and some of the cable brackets.

pug_ham

Fitting a box from a 306 or XM into a 205 will mean that a selector arm needs swapping so you can select any gears, this has to be done with the box off the car & with care so the shaft doesn't drop causing you to loose a few gears.

A search should bring up some methods as its been done before, both successfully & un-successfully. :)

Graham.

Sign in to follow this