• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt Holley

Mi16 Bx Loom Plugs

Matt Holley

Hello I have been fitting am mi16 engine to my 205 and could do with a few pointers on where some wires go or if they are needed ;)

Does this go into the permenant live box by the battary? Blue wire with big spade conector

Whats this? is it needed? Looks like afm plug but bigger plus a few extra wires

Lastly I have three wires one is yellow and green witch I guess is earth, can I bolt this anywhere? and is the red or blue wire with it needed? Clicky

Thanks

Edited by matt holley

dee205

Is the big afm looking plug not for the amplifer?

Damien

Matt Holley

I thought that on the way home but I think I connected it it as remember it not having a metel clip on it, but I could be wrong though, If the ignition amp plug is part of the injector loom then it defo isnt, it if its isnt part of that loom then it probably is ;)

Ryan

Thick blue wire -> Live distribution box

Big plug -> Ignition Amp

Thin brown near big plug -> Earth to the ign amp heatsink

Not sure about the others...

dee205

The amp plug is on the managment loom.

I have the 405 loom so I can't look for you.

I can't think of anywhere else it would be for. There should be a topic on the bx loom floating around the forum somewhere if you did a search as I recall reading some time ago.

Damien

Matt Holley

I have sorted this out now and it is now running. :)

For anyone that wants to know the yellow wire with the amp plug went to a red wire that was ignition live

The grey on went to the rev counter.

One more question though.

I have fitted my 1.9 starter motor and when is cranking it make a weird whining/ screeching noise has anyone else had this?

Also the engine didnt come with an ingnition amp so I have plugged it in the my 1.9 gti one is there a down side to this or is it the same anyway?

Thanks

PsychoSimon

I had the screeching when i put my mi in, but it was wheen it was running. It was deffo the starter though but it cleared itself in time.

Also the ignition amps are identical between 8v and 16v looms

I had the screeching when i put my mi in, but it was wheen it was running. It was deffo the starter though but it cleared itself in time.

Also the ignition amps are identical between 8v and 16v looms

Matt Holley

Thanks simon I will have to see if it goes, its a hard noise to describe and almost sounds as if the starter is going to give up but it was fine on the 8 valve.

Rom

Sorry for the hijack. But couldnt see the point in starting another thread.

I started my conversion on friday, just some wiring left now. This 2 pin plug near the end, by the Amp plug. Has a thick yellow, and small green wire. If ive searched correctly, thats Ign 12v and tacho wires ?

The small grey wire on old coil loom is what i connect to the green,But i was wondering what the small green coming out of the coil plug is? It has a factory fitted spade terminal on it.

The yellow wire, if ive traced correctly, theres only 2 yellow wires on the bx loom. One running to the injectors, the other to the coil, so could i splice the Ign feed inside, by the ecu. Rather than at the plug near the amp ?

The oil pressure gauge, lights up, but goes out instantly under cranking ? But im not convinced the system is fully primed,am i missing something here ? I dont want to try and start it if its not fully primed.

Matt Holley

Im not quite sure what you need, Are you trying to find an ignition feed to go to the yellow wire by the ignition amp (end of the loom) if so you use wire number 2 on the under dash plugs its a thick red wire, when I traced this back it also powers up the relay for the fuel pump which in turn gives you a power output from the ecu feed for the fuel pump.

I cant remember the small green but it is probably just for diagnostics :)

Sign in to follow this